Chapter 31 Love All Your Lies

Start from the beginning

"I love you and Elizabeth both, even if it is not evident. I won't put you or her in path of danger. I will leave tomorrow morning. Don't worry I will talk to Eliza. Keep this and store all the stuff that I leave safely in the attic. I can't shift my stuff in bulk. Ensure Eliza doesn't touch the stuff. Atleast not until she is of age." Nana sighed and started walking away.

"Why can't you just give this hunt up!?" Mom wailed as she collapsed on the sofa in fits of tears.

"I promised to protect you and I am far too in to give up now." Nana said.

"So that's it, you choose a mindless hunt over your family!?" Mom wailed.

"To protect loved ones, one must make difficult choices." Nana said.

"Fine. Do whatever you want. You have always done what you think is right! Don't let my love or my daughter's adoration stop you. Go move around wherever you want to. I am beyond caring now!" Mom got up from the sofa and went to her room.

Nana sighed and shook her head.

"Protect them. Protect them. Why is it always so difficult!?" Nana muttered and went to her room.

Nana had later come to my room and had told me she is going on a boring trip and will be back soon.

She never came back.

Guess that's why I hate mom. She could have prevented all this if only she wasn't so hell bent on getting Nana to leave us.

She left us. For good.

Looking around, I realised I had reached Mr. Harris' place. It was a quaint little house with bright flowers growing along the boundary.

Taking in a deep breath I knocked on the door.

--------------------------------------------------

"So how are you Liz? I must say you have grown into a beautiful woman." Mrs. Thomson exclaimed.

Mrs Thomson was Mr. Harris' house's caretaker. She was a plump lady with a pleasant face.

"I am fine Mrs. Thomson. And thank you. If you don't mind can I check out a few of Nana's stuff. Nothing much just wanted to you know see her things." I said.

I had already prolonged this moment quite long, first tea then small talk. It was time for some action.

"Of course. Mr Harris took all the stuff out yesterday itself. He too was searching frantically for something." Mrs Thomson said.

"Oh. Um did he find it?" I asked.

"No. He almost wrecked the house then left in a haphazard manner yelling about some inevitable danger and what not. I say all that books have gotten to his head. He is behaving like a lunatic. Anyways feel free to check the stuff out. Along the corridor, second door." Mrs Thomson gathered the tea cups and went into the kitchen.

I followed her directions and reached a wooden door.

What mysteries hid behind this door?

I opened the door and entered the room.

*******************************

Heya! Um ok so an apology must be made. So sorry for the delayed update. The book had come to a standstill and we were debating on whether putting it on hold would be a right choice.

But then CutEandAwkwarD and Princess_Attitude showed us that there are people who are actually eager for the update so here it is.

Sorry this one's small but we will surely make it up to you.

As a peace offering, whose PoV would you like next?

Qotc

Who all hate cliffhangers?

Quote

Keep reading.
Keep voting( pretty pls)
Keep commenting.
Keep showing your love.
Keep sharing.

Happy VEILed.

-SaraRima