Chapter 10 Checks and Mates

Unknown PoV

"Let me go!!" She started wailing as soon as she came back to consciousness again.

"Now, now you don't want me to sing you back to sleep do you? It might cause a bruise to appear on your pretty little head." Brent was smirking as he said those words.

"If threatening a girl is all you can do then by all means pack your bags and disappear off the face of earth you unworthy rascal!" I yelled at him.

"My lady, trust me-" he started but I cut him off.

"Trust!? What do you know about trust!? All you can do is give fake reassurances. You can't bring me correct information, you can't track my son, you can't keep a bloody child quiet then pray tell what the hell can YOU do!??" To say I was pissed would be the understatement of the year.

Who wouldn't be? My son had despatched to some unknown journey, Brent had kidnapped the wrong girl and I was stuck here alone handling incompetent idiots.

Brent had the shame to look down. "Lady Esther, this girl will be the catalyst that you can use against-" I cut him off again.

"Why thank you Brent! I didn't know what to do with this wretched soul. Oh mighty Brent saved me!" Sarcasm laced my words.

"I know the girl's purpose here Brent. I have enough brains to culminate a plan after your stupid misdeeds. You of all people don't have to teach me how to execute my plan. Understood?" I sighed inwardly.

"Yes ma'am." Brent murmured.

The girl was quietly observing the happenings. She resembled Olivia a lot.

"And that letter! I specifically told you to keep it short and formal but no, you have some problems with following instructions and collecting information. Correct information!" I said.

I glared at him and sighed inwardly.

"Send her into her specified chamber and ask Richard to bring Olivia in the girl's chamber."

"Yes ma'am" Brent said.

"Go!" I shouted.

"Yes yes ma'am." He hurried away dragging the girl.

"And Brent.." I said.

"Yes ma'am?" He asked.

"Stop watching Pretty Little Liars!!" I scolded.

"I..er.. Uh... I don't .." He stuttered.

"Oh of course you don't. You just find the letter A very alluring huh? Now get lost." I said.

"Yes ma'am" he said.

Her muffled cries were the last thing I heard before complete silence enveloped my room.

Ring ring...

"So much for silence and peace." I grumbled and picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Good Evening honey. How are we doing till now?" Vladimir, my husband's voice reached my ears.

"Oh Dimi, any news of our son?" I asked him.

"None though Thomas did say that he was very uh angry and left after he received a mysterious package." He said.

"Oh." I said. Anger. He will definitely do something drastic.

"Don't worry I have already put my best trackers after him and also I have alerted everyone to keep an eye out for any unusual activity." Vladimir said.

"Oh Dimi, thank god you are handling this. I just want our children to be safe and happy." I said.

"I know hon but at what cost?" He said.

"Vladimir we ARE not discussing this again. You tried it in your way and it failed. Now it's my turn." I said.

"But-" He started.

"No. I don't want to hear anything." I snapped.

"Honey I get it ok? I love our kids too and I too am thirsty for revenge. They snatched what is rightfully ours, but is it the time? Are we truly ready?" He asked.

"Yes Dimi we are. We will fight and show them who are the true keepers. We will fight and take back that which belongs to us and no one can stop us." I said.

"So we shall." He whispered.

******************************
Heya guys! Sara here!

Wishing all my readers a very very happy and prosperous new year! (It's kinda late but nevertheless)

If you are confused then read the author's note of Chapter 5 wherein we explained how every 5th chapter will be.

Quote-

To love is to destroy...

So QotC

Who is the girl? Any guesses?

A big fat thank you to all those people who are still reading voting and commenting.

As you can see that we have entered this story into YourStoryIndia contest, we need your support.

Spread this story.
Keep commenting. (Anything)
Keep voting. (Pretty pls!)
Keep reading! (Yeah!)
Luv you all! (Like totally!)

Happy VEILed

-Sararima