Chapter 21 Tales of Dead Men

Thank you so much to all the voters for helping us reach 1k votes!! Truly truly means a lot! We started this book with barely a vote or two and here we are hitting 1k so thank u so much. There aren't enough thank yous in the world to suffice my gratitude to all the voters so here's a small early update for you all! Thank you again!

Sienna's PoV

"We need to talk." Liz looked at me with a scrutinizing gaze. I couldn't help shrink back in my seat. She knows that I am hiding something.

What am I doing? Liz and her friends have been helping me since Prim's kidnapping.
I have to tell her. At least to reduce this burden which is killing me.

Funny how quickly your life can change so much at such a short notice. Rather in my case without any notice. I was a basically a nobody, having only one friend, an evil aunt (well, I can't say that has changed much), working in a local library and pretty much living an uneventful boring life.

And one fine day, a brunette shows up at my door and my life takes a full 360° turn. Prim is kidnapped, I go to a party in a club which collapses, I make a ton of friends and two people are murdered.

"Yeah. We do." I nodded in affirmation.

She frowned at me in confusion. I pointedly ignored her.

Not here. Not now.

I tried to concentrate on the endless number of people walking in the streets in the late evening sun. But I couldn't. My thoughts kept on turning to a certain something in my pocket.

Liz's mom pulled into the driveway of Wakefield Mansion.

Liz didn't waste any time. She grabbed my wrist and headed towards the door.

"Elizabeth? Where are you going in such a hurry?" Liz's mom called out from the car.

"It has been a long day for me and Sienna. We are going to sleep. Good night mom!" Liz shouted.

"Goodnight Mrs. Wakefield!" I shouted.

Mrs. Wakefield said something but I wasn't able to hear her because Liz was dragging me to her room.

She pushed me inside her room and locked the door from inside.

"Spill." She said.

"Uhh....well...you said we need to talk first. So your turn first." I said.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Really? You know what fine." she continued. "I will start. So about the two murders. I have been thinking a lot since you said one of the victims was Robert. By lot, I mean a lot. Makes me wonder if it was too much."

I gave her a blank expression.

"OK. That wasn't necessary. So I think everything is connected."

I frowned at that. "What do you mean", I said.

"I mean. It is all connected. Prim's poisoning. The letters. The murders. The collapse at Renwick's. Everything. Let's face it, you know that Robert is not who he says he is. He might be a lawyer, but he certainly is a part of something else. Something very important. Something worth killing for." She said.

"But why are we a part of this? Why does Prim have to suffer?" I said.

"Sienna, you think we are a part of this? I don't think so. This whole thing revolves around us. Why do you think Prim was poisoned? Prim is your weakness Sienna. I was attacked at Renwick's. They are targeting us. I think Robert was here to help us Sienna. I think he was going to reveal why exactly they are targeting us. But before he could...."