Chapter 20 Blood Runs Thicker Than Water

Esther's PoV

"Where is he Dimi!?"

"We will find him love. He can't outrun us forever."

"Oh the irony! We were the ones who trained him to hide himself like this. I can't believe this day has come when he is using those tricks on us!" I stamped my foot in anger.

"Esther? Do you have a second?" A voice came from the door.

"I will call you back Dimi. Find him! I love you." I said.

"I will love. Love you." My husband hanged up the phone.

"Yes darling?" I turned towards the black haired beauty waiting for me to hang up.

"Esther, I am so sorry for disturbing you right now but this is important."

"Oh Natalie, don't you worry. I can talk to Vladimir anytime I want. Tell me sweetheart, what brings you here?" I asked her.

"I have bad news. The man we sent, he never returned." Natalie said.

"Which man?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"The informant, to verify who were the Chosen. He and another man were found dead in the hospital." Natalie said.

"Autopsy?" I asked.

"Here. Signs of scuffle on both their bodies. I dug further into the other man's history. He was a manager in a publishing company. Not married. He had studied law. Surprisingly I couldn't find much about him when he was in his twenties except that he was top of his class. Funny a lawyer would enter publishing." Natalie said as I scoured the autopsy report.

"What is your theory?" I asked.

"I think that the other man is a Guardian. Lawyer or publisher... No one is capable enough of fighting our spies except a Guardian." Natalie said.

"Did he have any tattoo?" I asked.

"No. But he might not have been an official member. Just a helper. Also assuming that the Guardian died before the spy, I believe the Chosen were already there. If not all atleast one." She said.

"May I interrupt?" Another voice cut through.

"What do you want Nathan?" Natalie asked in a disapproving tone.

"Well dear sister I have just gained access to the CCTV footage. Wouldn't you like to see?" Nathan winked at his sister.

"Come on in Nathan. Let's see what you got." I said.

"OK. So I watched the whole footage and found that the man who Natalie thinks is a Guardian is well a Guardian." Nathan started.

"Tell us something new Nate. We figured that one ages ago." Natalie rolled her eyes and smirked at her brother.

"I have heard patience is of virtue sister. You might as well apply it in your life." Nathan replied.

"Children. Focus. Please." I said.

"Sorry Esther. So as I was saying before I was quite rudely interrupted, that I have accessed the CCTV footage and the spy and Guardian were engaged in a fight." Nathan said.

"Oh really? Thank you for confirming the autopsy report Nathan. Esther I wanted to talk to you-" Natalie started but was cut off by Nathan.

"Will you shut up and listen!? You know what? Don't answer that. Esther the Guardian was killed by our spy but what is shocking is that our spy was killed by someone else." Nathan said.

"Another Guardian?" I asked.

"I can't tell. Someone hacked into the footage and overlapped that part so if someone sees the footage all they see the Guardian and the spy lying in a pool of blood. I decoded it. The process is a slow one so it will take time for us to know about the killer." Nathan finished off and leaned back in his chair.