Chapter 29. A Friend Indeed?

Adrian's PoV

"Hey buddy! Rise and Shine. It is a new morning with new possibilities and opportunities. A fresh new day to forget about your worries-"

My eyes flew open. I groaned and sat up on my bed. I looked at Brandon who was monologuing about brand new mornings.

"Are you always this annoying in mornings? Or I cause a chain reaction inside you which causes you to spew random shit about nonsensical topics?" I said.

" - and it's best if I don't mention but still, we are late! And that was rude! Are you always so grumpy in the morning?" Brandon said.

"No, not usually. I am grumpy when stupid people wake me early in the morning on a freaking holiday!" I said.

"Wait. Today is a holiday?" Brandon looked at me with a puzzled expression.

I gave him a blank look.

He frowned and then realization hit his face. "Rick!" He explained.

It was my turn to frown. What!?

He got down from the bed and rushed outside. I ran behind him. Gosh! He runs fast. By the time I found him, I was desperately struggling for breath.

I knew 21% oxygen is not enough for all the people in this world!

Brandon was on top of Rick. No wait, that sounded...not so appropriate. Let me reframe, Brandon was on top of Rick strangling him. Better.

"I am going to kill you, then resurrect you to kill you again!" Brandon yelled.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"This A-hole changed the date in my phone. Again! This is the 'I don't care' th time my alarm went off on a holiday. All because of this sucker!"

I gave Rick an impressed look. That is actually a very good idea. Maybe I can try it on Philip someday.

No Adrian. If Philip decides to castrate you like Brandon then you don't have muscles like Rick to save yourself from....well, dying an uneventful death. No use of living for 18 years.

Rick easily pushed Brandon away from him and went back to sleep again.

"Ughh!!!" Brandon groaned." What's the use of having muscles when you can't castrate your best friend with them!? Height of unfairness, God. Real smooth."

I nodded at him in approval.

"Let's go get some breakfast, that jerkwad isn't going to wake up for another couple of hours. No wait, let's eat outside, may Ricky die of starvation." Brandon said.

"Hmm. Yeah. OK. Wait let me freshen up a bit." I said.

I went to the guest bedroom and changed into new clothes. Rick had given me some of his as my parents basically left me stranded on the streets with nothing.

The jeans were fine but the t-shirt was too big. Almost like a girl was wearing a guys shirt.

Wow. I just admitted that my body was like a girl!

Next, you will compare yourself with a chimpanzee. My conscious mocked.

Well, we are somewhat related to chimpanzees, aren't we?

Ugghh...I am so stupid. I blame my stupidity on my parents and Philip.

I was their son for god's sake! How can they leave me here!?

There was a knock at the door.

"I know you think you are a girl and everything but can you hurry up? I am pretty sure no one wants to see your face caked in makeup." Brandon said from this other side.