Chapter 14 Secrets Within Shadows

Liz's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Somebody stop it!

I opened my eyes and was greeted with blinding white light.

"Argh..." I groaned. My voice came out raspy and my throat felt parched.

Where am I!?

"Liz!? Oh my god! Thank God! I was so worried. Doctor!?" I suddenly heard Cass yelling.

"W-wa-wat-water..." I mumbled.

"Liz? You want something?" Cass asked.

I pointed towards the glass jar having water.

"Oh you want water? Here." She poured out water in a glass and helped me drink it.

I instantly felt better.

"Ms. Elizabeth Wakefield? How are you feeling today? Step aside Cassandra, let me check up on Elizabeth. Shouldn't you be resting?" A man wearing white coat came into my line of vision as he started rambling of something.

"I am fine doc." Cass said.

"And how are you feeling Elizabeth?" The doctor asked.

"I am feeling fine." I said.

"Good. Good. Let me just check your vitals and you are free to go." The doctor said.

"Okay." I muttered.

"Your vitals look good. I will be back with a few medicines. Cassandra I advise you to take some rest too." The doctor said and then left the room.

"Yeah whatever. He is so annoying. Rest. Sleep. Relax. Lie down. He just keeps on saying the same thing with different words." Cass grumbled.

"You should do as he says." I said.

"You too!?" Cass spluttered.

"Well he is not wearing the white coat for the fun of it, is he?" I said.

"Oh you never know. I too am wearing white. Well was wearing white. Anyways how are you feeling?" She said.

"I am feeling a little woozy but fine. How about you?" I asked.

"Well except for a few cuts and scratches, I am doing pretty fine." Cass said.

"Where is Sienna?" I asked.

"Oh god! How did I even forget!? I am so stupid. Damn. Stupid. Fool. Crazy. Urghhhh..." Cass started muttering.

"Uh.. I don't understand this Cass. Can I order a coherent one who can answer my question in plain English...?" I asked.

"Stop making fun of me. Sienna found her sister. Sienna is fine but her sister was in bad shape. That's what I got till now. Between you and her it got pretty exhausting so I decided to leave Sienna with that cutie whats-his-name yeah Adrian and his weird friend Philip. I am yet to check up on Rick and Brandon though..." She said.

"Sienna found Prim!? That's great. So she was not lying then... But then why would her aunt-wait. Who is Adrian? And Philip? And Rick? And Brandon? Please don't tell me you hooked up with random strangers and dragged them here..." I said.

"Thank you for the vote of trust and confidence Liz... It's really flattering." She retorted and somewhat sounded hurt.

Oh damn! Why don't I have a proper brain-to-mouth filter!?

"Cass?" I softly asked.

"What!? You think I am that sort of person who hooks up with random strangers when her best friend is lying on a hospital bed!?" Cass yelled.