Chapter 5

Natalia POV

I was just finishing updating his personal contacts and recent information in the computer system. He had so much of them, that it took me the whole day to do it. Once a few hours had passed I closed the computer that was on my desk and stood up.

I grabbed the folder that Mr. Beacon gave to me earlier. I looked up at the clock on the wall reading 9:30 P.M. I didn't even recognize it was that late. I walked to my office door, opening it.

I headed to Mr. Beacon's office that was located next to mine. I approached his doors and knocked. I didn't hear anything for a long time. I was going to knock again, until I heard him spoke from the other side of the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door slightly, and peeked my head in.

"Sir, I 'm done with updating your personal contacts." I stated.

He looked at me with his striking blue eyes. He beckoned me to come in further with his hand. I walked in and closed the door behind me. Walking closer towards his desk I finally stopped right in front it.

"Here you go Sir." I said while stretching my hand out giving him the folder.

He didn't say thank you, he just nodded in response. I didn't understand why he was so 'ugh'. Everything about him was so harsh. Even his face, it was always in a frown or scowl like now. I studied his face seeing if his mouth will lift a little, or if he would even have a different face expression compared to what he always had.

Before I knew it I was deeply gazing at his features I mean it's kind of hard not too... I continued to stare at him. Maybe If his personality matched his looks. Just if.

"Miss. Wake, I really don't like people staring at me... It's rude."

His eyes pierced through mine, giving me a hard glare I looked down embarrassed, ignoring his eyes.

"Sorry, Sir. Is there anything else that you need?" I asked.

"No, you're dismissed for tonight. Come back the same time tomorrow morning." He said blankly

"Yes, Sir."

"Oh and Miss. Wake from now on drop off my coffee, don't wait for me to arrive. Go straight to your office. I'll give you orders from there from now on understood?"

Wow, was I really that of a bother to him? I mean he didn't even want to look at me when giving orders. I just looked down and nodded.

"Goodnight, Mr. Beacon." I said.

I turned around and walked out of his office. I walked into mine again grabbing my purse to leave. Shortly, I entered the workspace, there was only a few people that were still working.

I stepped into the elevator pressing the 1st floor. It opened showing the lobby. I walked across the floor hearing my heels clacking. Reaching outside I inhaled the fresh breeze. It was a warm night tonight.

I walked to my car opening the car door. Once I was settled into the car I started driving home. I was so tired, I wasn't used to working long hours. Especially with a time-consuming work load. But Ill get used to it though. I'll get use to the hours, the work, and his attitude. It wasn't a choice I had too.

My thoughts wandered to Mr. Beacon. He was so... off. It wasn't like a weird off, but a mysterious one. I just never met anyone in my life who was so rude, and didn't care.

He just says what he wants and didn't think twice about it. I guess that's just how he was.

I pulled into the parking lot to my apartment. Taking the keys out of the ignition I stepped out the car and closed the door. I couldn't wait to see Miya. I haven't seen her all day and I missed her.

I opened my apartment door. The first thing I saw was Jane sitting on the couch watching a movie. I smiled at her closing the door.

"Hey, Jane."

"Hey"

I walked to the kitchen putting down my purse, and getting situated. I turned around and Jane was walking towards me.

"How was Miya, was she good?" I asked.

"Yeah, she was."

"Really, no problems?" I asked in disbelief

"Nope, not at all."

"What time did she go to sleep?"

"Mhm, about 7:30"

"Good, well thank you so much Jane. I really appreciate it, especially working around my new work schedule. I will be sure to pay you in the next few weeks or so."

"Youre welcome Natalia I'm glad I can help." She said smiling.

I walked her to the door, and we said our goodbyes. I closed the door behind me and looked across spotting Miyas room. I walked into her bedroom checking in on her.

I wasn't going to wake her up though. Lord knows how long it will take her to go back to sleep again.

I turned on the light seeing her little figure laying on the bed. Her hands were clasped together laying under her head. Her eyes were shut tight and her mouth was in a pout. As I looked at her a thought occurred to me.

She looked nothing like her dad. She favored me when it came to her looks. All the way to her skin to her eyes. She was like my little twin.

I pulled her blanket towards her face more. I wanted to make sure she was warm enough. It can get cold at night. I bent down and kissed her forehead.

I walked out the room shutting the door. Walking into my room I scanned it over. My room was basic. I had white walls, and curtains. My comforter was white, with silver designs plastered on it. My dressers were also white, and grey colored rugs were placed on the floor.

I sauntered into the bathroom, turning on the switch. I looked in the mirror staring at my appearance. My eyes looked droopy signaling that I was tired.

So I decided to wash my face and brushed my teeth so I could get to bed quickly. Once I was done I took off my clothes, and walked out of the bathroom. When I stepped into my bedroom I threw the clothes that I was holding into the dirty laundry.

I walked to my dresser and picked an oversize T- shirt to wear for pajamas. I crawled into my bed and pulled the covers over me.

I stared at the celling just thinking. I was staring for a while until I yawned and felt my eyes starting to shut.

I turned on my side and drifted off to sleep.