Her eyes narrowed at the words, anger replacing disappointment.

"Come on we need to get going, it's time to leave."

Izzy sat up reluctantly, not wanting to go anywhere with any of them, but also knowing that she didn't actually have much of a choice.

The car was tense and silent. Izzy kept glancing around, trying to be inconspicuous as she took them in.

Isaac drove, Olivia had climbed into the passenger seat, Austin had peeled away from their group as they headed from Maleco's house towards the five big black and shiny SUV's, climbing into the passenger seat of the next in line behind the one they headed for without a word. Hayden and Derek had stayed at her sides, eyes watching the few Tenebris wolves that had stopped to take in the Royal departure. Izzy curiously searched for Maleco or the others she had come to recognize but could find none of them present.

Derek held the door open for her, a hand lightly on her lower back as Hayden moved to the other side of the vehicle getting into the back. Pulling herself up she shuffled into the middle seat. Derek following her in last and slamming the door. As soon as their seatbelts clicked the engines were turning over and they were rolling forward.

Rowan is in the other car. He's ignoring me. He doesn't want to be with me. I'm so stupid.

The thoughts sunk in as Pack Tenebris flew past the darkly tinted windows.

The tension continued as they drove. Back at Maleco's, right after her weird non-fight with Rowan she had craved the silence, blocking out the world and giving in to numbness in a desperate attempt to protect herself from the pain of his rejection. But that had gotten old fast, even if Oliva had not roused her, Izzy didn't think it would have taken much longer for her to pull herself from her self-pity and denial.

As much as it feels better to pretend it isn't happening, doesn't mean it isn't. So buck up Izzy and start figuring this shit out. Mopping around like a child isn't going to fix anything. He doesn't think you belong in this world? Doesn't think you can handle it? Well prove him wrong! Show him you can survive this world, and you are more than a burden he has to protect.

With new determination she took in her travelling companions. The realization hit her, Rowan wasn't around, he was in the other car, it was a rare opportunity where she might be able to get some more information out of them, without risking Rowan stumbling in on them.

Clearing her throat, she wrung her hands together mustering her courage. Well, here goes nothing. "So Hayden," She waited until he turned slightly in her direction, his face friendly if not slightly guarded at her address after so long remaining quiet. She offered him a small smile of reassurance noticing the concern and suspicion flickering in his eyes. "You never did tell me why you hated me so much, when we first met?"

It was obvious from his reaction that – that - was not what he had been expecting her to ask.

Recovering quickly, his lips pulled down in a frown. "I didn't hate you." He answered dismissively turning back to the window.

Izzy snorted loudly, her arms crossing over her chest as she turned so she was turned more fully towards him, her eyebrow arching in complete disbelief.

Glancing at her from the corner of his eye, Hayden sighed. "Okay fine maybe I hated you – just a little. But, that was before I knew you were a little floof-ball." He admitted, the corners of his lips twitching up this time.

"A floofball??" The word catching her attention and derailing her intention to press him further.

This time he turned back to her, his eyes lighting up in laughter and mirth, and she felt herself reddening under his scrutiny. "Yeah you know, your all tiny and soft and fluffy on the outside but then sometimes you get all angry and fluff out like a little angry fluffy kitten - so you're just kinda fluff-ball-ish."