Chapter 6

Izzy POV

"I get to stay here?" She asked, trying desperately to control her excitement, and remain calm.

"No."

Her heart dropped, "But you just said- "

He cut her off, "The deal is you won't return home, you turn your back on your human life and act to protect and keep the secrets and rules of our world, not to stay here at Silva." Rowan said, his voice cold and harsh.

"Okay, then what? Where am I going? I'm not staying in a jail cell for the rest of my life! And if you think I'm going too, you might as well just kill me now!"

"You aren't going to be locked in cell, I told you - we aren't monsters."

Throwing her hands in the air she looked at him in desperation. "I don't understand." She said honestly, exhaustion from the last minutes, hours, days, and months catching up to her. Her brain and body drained from the constant terror and threats, the non-stop confusion.

"You're coming with me."

"What?"

Rowan POV

"You can't be serious Row!" Hayden said for the hundredth time, staring down the table at the human in their midst. Disgust and distrust radiating from him, just as strongly as it had from the moment he had laid eyes on her. Rowan pinched the bridge of his nose, he felt for his cousin he really did, and he understood his hostility, but it was becoming exasperating.

They were sitting in the Silva's dining room, spread around the large darkly stained table, mixed amongst members of the Silva Pack. Rowan sat at the head, flanked by Austin and Olivia, Noah and Isaac refusing to sit - stood at his shoulders, flowing down the table were Hayden, Silva's Head Warrior Ryan, his son Kevin, Beta Tucker, his mate, Luna Mindy, and then opposite Rowan at the other end sat Vance, with Leia beside him and finally squashed between her and her twin sat Izzy.

Rowan could still feel her confusion as she sat in stunned silence, every few seconds her eyes flicking to him, only to dart away when she found him watching her.

"I am very serious Hayden. My decision has been made." Rowan sent to his cousin, still watching the human.

He still didn't know what had driven him to his decision, or why he was so dead-set to stand by it, but there was something about her, something that wasn't quite right. And, until he figured it out he didn't want to let her go. At least, that's what he was telling himself was the reason behind his rash decision.

"Hayden." Rowan's mind snapped back to the others around him at the sound of the sharp thought from Olivia, she barely raised her voice, choosing to make her point with rational arguments and reason, if she was starting to snap, then Hayden was really pushing her buttons. "Drop it! Your being rude, and YOUR Prince has made his decision, it isn't your job to question that!" She said her volume rising as she punctuated each word with a burst of power.

Sensing her emotions were about to boil over, and not wanting to have a brawl in the middle of Silvia's packs dining room and Pack house, Rowan touched Olivia's shoulder drawing her attention away from Hayden. Her eyes were black, and Rowan could feel the slight tremors under his fingers, she was about to shift.

"You need to calm down Liv." Rowan said gently, urging her wolf to calm and back down from the challenge Hayden was in avertedly issuing. Watching as she took a deep shuddering breath, Rowan let out a tiny sigh of relief as her eyes settled back to the normal soft brown, her body relaxing.