#16. Forgive and forget

This is one of the most difficult things to achieve in life.

Yes, there must've been instances in your life, when someone you loved hurt you and broke you. It might seem satisfying to inflict the same on them but just stop and read this ayah.

Imam Ahmad (Rahimahullah) on being asked why he would forgive the ones who tortured him, said, " On the day of Judgment when all of the creation is kneeling before Allah(SWT), Allah will call out that do not rise, except if I owe you something. And then, people who would forgive in this world, would stand up. Because Allah mentions in this ayah that their reward is due with Allah"

SubhanAllah, don't you want to be one of those blessed people?

Forgiving is the way of a Muslim.

It is exhausting to harbour grudges.

Let go.

And see how it frees your soul. And in sha'Allah expect the reward from Allah.

Because you are putting out the flames in your heart and gulping down that anger just for His sake. Our Lord never ever ever lets the efforts of the believers go to waste.

It is the legacy of the Prophets to be forgiving towards people.

Remember the conquest of Makkah, when the Prophet (Peace be upon him) forgave even the woman who cut open his uncle's liver!

Remember Yousuf (Alayhissalam) who forgave his brothers who left him in a well to starve!

This is how the heart of a Muslim needs to be.

Follow their legacy, O Muslims!

Just shouting to the world that Islam is a religion of Peace is not enough, we need to act upon it too. In sha'Allah.

We believe in a hereafter because there can never be true justice in this world. Allah is the Ultimate Judge and He has made injustice haram for Himself.

This should put our hearts at ease and alert us at the same time. Near Allah, rights of human beings is a big deal. Always be mindful of them.

Never inflict hurt. Everyone is fighting their own war. Let them know you're on their side.

Never hesitate to apologize when you've done something wrong.

Allah is The Lord of the day of Recompense. No soul shall be wronged on that day. Keep that in mind when you're dealing with people!

One of the first things Allah commanded the Israelites in Surah Baqarah is to "speak to people a good word."

"And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], "Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah." Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing. "(2:83)

Bring that back in your life! Make it a goal everyday to make someone happy. Compliment people. Encourage them. Behave with them in a way you would want them to behave with you.

You never know which good deed will get you through Jannah. Maybe the one time you made your friend smile could be your pass.

May Allah make us of people who speak good. May Allah make us of those who find it in our hearts to forgive and forget.

Ameen!