Chapter 9: Kemo-Kemo

Y/N= Your Name
H/C= Hair Color
E/C= Eye Color
F/C= Favorite Color
F/F= Favorite Food

***

"Whoa that was epic! He was like bam, and then bang, and finally like boom! Damn, the twelve golden celestial gates are awesome! This makes me want to collect more celestial spirits," I exclaimed.

Lucy said nervously, "Yeah, I mean, Capricorn is pretty cool."

"Hey," Natsu butted in, "Didn't you see that I gave the final
punch? Dragon Slayers are cool too!"

"Yeah you were cool, I guess," I teased.

Natsu sulked in the corner with Happy trying to cheer him up.

Lucy pointed up in the air, "Do you see t-that?"

Out of nowhere, a giant egg fell down from the sky and landed on Natsu's face.

***

I decided to go to Natsu and Happy's house. They haven't been to the guild hall in three days, and I was honestly worried about them.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I called out

"Y-Y/N? What are you doing here?" Natsu asked.

Upon further inspection, I could see Natsu and Happy lying in the corner of the room. Both of them had dark bags under their eyes.

"You look terrible! Have you gotten any sleep in the past three days?" I said with concern.

Happy answered, "We can't. We need to keep the egg warm."

"What egg?"

Happy pointed to something tucked into Natsu's arms. Was that the sky egg from our past mission?! What creature could possibly come from that thing?!

"Hey, you guys shouldn't be pushing yourselves to stay awake. It really isn't healthy. Um, here. I'll take the egg, and you guys go get some rest," I offered.

"Yeah okay. Thanks, Y/N-chan," Natsu said already half asleep.

I pulled the giant egg into a hug and set Natsu's head into my lap.

"Sweet dreams."

***

I stayed with at Natsu and Happy's house for the next few days. We all took different shifts taking care of the egg. And I also was able to cook for them along with clean up a bit. Despite being fully-grown and independent wizards, Natsu and Happy weren't too good with house chores.

It was my turn to look after the egg while Natsu and Happy were sleeping. A large crack appeared. I didn't really know what to do in this situation so I went to get Natsu to help me.

"Natsu! The egg is hatching!" I yelled.

Natsu said sleepily, "R-Really? Happy, we need to see this!"

When we arrived back into the living room, Erza was trying to strike a green blur. The rest of Team Natsu were inspecting the remains of the sky egg.