Chapter 4: The White Silver Labyrinth Part 1

This is based on the episode "The White Silver Labyrinth." Originally, it was only Lucy, Natsu, and Happy. But I decided to add the whole Team Natsu for reasons okay.

Y/N= Your Name
H/C= Hair Color
E/C= Eye Color
F/C= Favorite Color
F/F= Favorite Food

***

"Ready, set...,"I trailed off as Natsu and Happy gave each other menacing glares, "GO!"

Natsu and Happy both threw their snowballs at each other. The snowballs were faster than lightning, super intense. I sat on the sidelines in awe. I knew that we had chosen an easy mission because it was my first time, but I still didn't think it would be this fun.

"Would you stop being so childish?!" Lucy yelled while she waved her arms back and forth. We all ignored her.

Erza decided to step in. "We came here for a mission, not for fun! So stop playing in the snow." Natsu, Happy, and I all stopped immediately.

Fine. We had to chase the rest of the group to catch up. We were climbing up the snowy mountains in search of the magic Hakobe ice. Happy said that it would be a piece of cake, but the long journey was already proving to be harder than I imagined.

"I'm so cold," Happy complained as he flew into Lucy's jacket.

"Ah here, you can have my coat." I handed Happy my F/C coat. I may get a bit cold, but Happy probably needs it more than me since he's flying. According to Levy, the skies are colder than down here on the ground.

"Aye, thank you so much, Y/N-chan!" Happy smiled.

We continued to walk for even longer. We were given a map, but Erza and Wendy were having trouble reading it. Carla tried too, but to no avail.

Having no jacket was starting to catch up with me. Everyone one was dressed properly except for me. Erza had even requiped into a special ice armor.

I shivered. So, so cold. Gray saw me.

"Here, uh, take my coat. You'll catch a cold."

He gave me his jacket. I'd seen Gray wear it quite a few times. It was white with a black trim. The coat also smelt of him. Minty.

"Gee, thanks. I guess under all that ice you do have a heart!" I smiled.

I leaned forward on my tippy-toes and kissed him on the cheek. I'm guessing he didn't expect it because Gray flushed a bright pink afterward.

"Y/N...?"

"Shh, stop being so tsundere."

Natsu, who was walking right behind us, let out a low growl. I pretended not to notice.

***

We had been walking for a few more hours. The blizzard started to get a lot worse. Thankfully, Gray's jacket kept me warm. And Gray didn't seem to mind the cold, which is good. I don't want him to suffer for my sake.

Suddenly, the floor under me gave in. Natsu and Lucy, who were next to me, also fell. I braced myself for impact, but instead fell onto a warm and squishy body. Natsu.

He wrapped his arms around me. He was so warm. My face turned red as a tomato. Up much higher, Gray let out a low growl. However, I didn't hear him over he howling winds because he was so far away.

Natsu released me and I got up, dusting the powdery snow off my clothes. Happy was also here, but was able to escape falling by flying. However, Lucy wasn't as lucky. She was under a mountain of snow. Natsu and I helped pull her out.

"It's okay. Happy can just fly us out of here, one at a time," I said.

"Aye! Lucy first."

Happy attempted to fly out with Lucy, but the winds were too strong. They ended up at the bottom again. We couldn't see, never mind communicate, with the others anymore. We had fallen too far into the ravine.

"I guess all we can do now is continue on. Hopefully we will be able to find a exit and possibly the ice," I proposed.

"What do you mean? There's ice all around us!" Natsu said. I rolled my eyes.

"I agree with Y/N-chan's plan," Happy exclaimed.

Lucy sighed, "I guess I agree too then. That seems like the best option we have."

"Then that settles it," I said, "We will continue on."

We all turned to a new direction and started walking.

***

SUPRISE UPDATE! In case you didn't read before, this is takes place in the episode "The White Silver Labyrinth." Usually I won't follow the Fairytail time line and story line so exact but I thought this would be good for Y/N's first mission. Plus, I would be able to add in quite a few Natsu and Gray moments. This is a pretty long chapter, so it's being split into two parts. I hoped you liked the Gray interaction as Y/N hasn't talked to him much yet. But don't worry, I have big plans for the future. There will be a lot of both Gray and Natsu.

~Love Catherine

Votes, comments, and shares are greatly appreciated!!!