Chapter 7: Lessons

Check out the drawing of Gray and Y/N above!! I apologize if the girl doesn't look like you but I kinda just drew a random girl. Though I recommend reading the chapter and then looking at the picture.

Y/N= Your Name
H/C= Hair Color
E/C= Eye Color
F/C= Favorite Color
F/F= Favorite Food

***

"Can you be my teacher? I want to learn and get better at ice-make magic!"

"Uh, w-what? I mean, I don't really know. I'm not sure if I would really make the best teacher but-" Gray spewed out nervously.

"I'm sure you would be an amazing teacher! I just wanna make ice like you..." I pouted.

"O-Okay. I'll do it," Gray said.

I screamed, "Really?!"

"Yeah...we could start tomorrow."

"Yay!"

***

I ran my hair through my H/C hair and slipped on a casual F/C shirt and a black skirt. I usually wasn't so careful with what I wear, but I was being abnormally picky today. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think I was going on a date...

Gray asked me to go to the ice rink for our first lesson. I really was happy that he agreed to teach me. Maybe this could finally be my chance to master some type of magic.

I stepped outside and began to walk to the ice rink. Even though it was only April, it was already getting very warm. The sun beamed down my face all the way to the ice rink.

Gray was already waiting outside when I arrived.

"Oh, sorry. Did I make you wait for too long?" I asked.

"No, I actually just got here a few minutes ago."

"That's good to know. Uh, shall we go inside."

When we walked inside I was surprised to see that it was completely empty. Isn't this supposed to be during opening hours?

"Hey, Gray? Where is everyone?"

"Don't worry about it, I just talked to the manager and was able to pull some strings. I figured it would be less distracting this way."

"You really didn't have to do that. I would have been fine..."

"I didn't think you would be the type to want to be in your underwear in front of everybody."

"W-What do you me-"

"Now lace up your skates because I'm about ready to head inside!"

We walked into the ice rink and I immediately felt a chill run down my back. It's been a few years since I last skated, but I still was able to not fall.

"Y/N-chan, have you ice skated before?" Gray questioned.

"Yes. I actually used to figure skate competitively when I was younger, Gray-sensei."

"S-Sensei?"

"Well since now you're my teacher, I should give you more respect. And I didn't want you say senpai because you're close to my age."

"R-Right," Gray stammered.

I asked, "Anyway, what will we be doing today?"

"Well I was planning on teaching you how to make an ice shield," Gray answered.

"But I already know how to make a shield...?"

Gray mumbled, "Not a very good one..."

"Hey!"

"Sorry. Let's just start, okay? First thing you need to do is change into your underwear..." Gray blushed.

"Excuse me? Pervert!"

"U-Uh to make ice you need to first become one with the ice. And, it not like it'll be your first time seeing me in my underwear."

"That's BS! Would does that have to do with anything?" I accused.

"Make magic gives the wizard the most freedom. Once you learn ice make magic, you can make anything you want."

"You're avoiding my question."

"Fine. I know it might seem weird, but it works. Just trust me."

"Tsk, okay. I'll do it. But you better not look, bastard."

I changed out of my clothes. If I thought it was cold before, now it's definitely freezing.

"I'm shivering," I stated.

"You'll get used to it soon enough. For now, I want to see the shield you already have."

"Sure. Ice-make: shield!"

Sure enough, a shield appeared. Not too bad if I say so myself, but Gray didn't exactly agree.

"Why are you only using one hand?"

"Because that's the best way to do it."

"If you only use one hand you are only using half of your power," Gray stated.

I retorted, "That's not how Lyon taught me."

"Well Lyon's kinda stupid," Gray sighed.

"Whatever."

***

We had been practicing for a few hours, but I still couldn't get it right and I couldn't understand why. It extremely frustrating.

"Ugh, why won't it work?"

"Here," Gray came from behind me, "Fix your form."

"O-Okay," I breathed. Gray was so close to me I could practically feel his heartbeat. 

Gray said, "Now try again."

"Ice-make: shield!"

I did it. A beautifully made shield was in front of me, just as good as Gray's. And I couldn't have done it if it wasn't for Gray instructing me.

Gray smiled, "I knew you could do it! I'm very proud of you. I think that's will be all for today."

"Yeah. Thanks a lot for today," I said.

"No problem. It was my pleasure."

***

Whoa whoa whoa. There was a lot of sexual tension in this chapter...

I apologize that I didn't update yesterday. I actually did finish writing, but I totally forgot to post it! To make up for it, I included a drawing of Gray and Y/N as if it was a manga panel or something. I apologize. I'm not the best artist, but I tried my best.

I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter and looked forward to more in the future. Next chapter will be all Natsu since this only included Gray. Tune in for that!

~ Love Catherine <33

Votes, comments, and shares are greatly appreciated!