Chapter 6-The plan

Chapter 6

 Clove’s point of view

Cato lies beside clove in her room whilst she stares at the ceiling thinking everything through.

Cat has one weakness, me. I can use that to keep me safe in the arena . I’ll let him think that we’re okay and he’ll protect me and I can focus on killing tributes. Like girl on fire.  I can lead him on. It won’t be difficult as I know him so well. All I have to do is remove any remaining feelings I have for him. I have to win.

She moves into his arms and drifts off to sleep.

Cato’s point of view

It’s 7am when Enobaria bangs on the door.

“Clove, get up now. You too Cato”

They must have been to my room to look for me. Clove removes her body from me and scuffles to the bathroom leaving me to deal with Enobaria. I stride put of the room, past Enobaria and towards mine for a shower before training. I step into the shower and as the water trickles down me my tiered state goes with it. I dry, change and head for breakfast. I’m greeted by a stressed Brutus and arguing Enobaria and Clove.

 “Don’t you dare talk to me like that”

 “I will talk to you how I want and do what I want.”

 “Carry on like that and I’ll rip your throat open.”

 They both collapse into their chairs leaving tension to fill the room. The silence remains until Valentina escorts us to training. It’s been half an hour by then. We ride down the elevator with district 4 into what I'm guessing was a basement but is the training centre. It’s identical to the one in district 2 except for the spectator’s box for the sponsors. In the middle is a stand where the head trainer is. Other tributes were in groups across the room engaging in small talk. Just to the left of us is district 1.

“Let’s introduce ourselves” Clove heads over to them, confidence plastered all over her face.

“Hi, I’m Clove and this is Cato”

The boy takes the lead.

“Hi, Marvel and that’s Glimmer”

“Hi Cato” The blonde girl takes a step towards Cato and smiles.

Clove’s point of view

Great, someone else is getting in my way.

“Tributes” Everyone in the room turns to face the woman on the stand as she calls them in.

She waffles on about not fighting with other tributes and survival skills. Nothing I haven’t heard before. Cato and Marvel head towards hand to hand combat leaving me with Glimmer.

“So I’ve heard you’re good with knives, why don’t we start there?”

“Sure” a huge smile fills her face.

I spend a few minutes choosing 5 knives and leaving the rest to glimmer. We each take half of the station. In 30 seconds I’ve knocked all the targets down. Glimmer takes a bit longer than I do but it feels like ages. She does have some technique though.

“So Clove, does Cato have a girlfriend?”

Oh no. What do I say? Cato thinks we’re dating but she can’t know that but if I say no then that ill mess up my plan- “Clove?”

“err no… He doesn’t have a girlfriend”

“Oh I’ve heard rumours he’s dating this girl called Alaska? From his prep team?”

“I’d speak to him about that. I don’t know anything about it.”

Clove’s body heated up and her face went red with anger. Her fists clenched and her nails threatening to draw blood. She had to get rid of it.

I stormed over to the hand to hand combat station and get paired with a boy who’s a similar build and age. Cato, Marvel and Glimmer stand around to watch. We wait for the buzz then we start. The boy automatically throws himself at me but I easily dodge. He stumbles slightly but then turns on his feet to face me again. This time I collide with him but he’s stronger than he looks and he pins me to the floor which causes my rage to explode. I bite his shoulder causing him to wail in pain and lose his focus. My escape. I fling him off me causing cheers from my spectators. I quickly shift and pin him to the floor.

“I think you’ve lost”

“I think you’re beautiful”

He’s trying to manipulate me? Pathetic. I draw a knife and begin tracing his face he cries out in agony. Suddenly I feel two strong arms wrap around me and fling me aside. Cato.

“What did you say to her?” His voice echoes throughout the room

“I…I said she was beautiful”

Cato wraps him in a headlock ready to snap his neck.

“Cato stop!”

He looks at me for a second and then discards the boy on the floor leaving him gasping for breath. He walks away and Marvel follows after him: once again I’m left with Glimmer.

“So you lied. It’s YOU and Cato. Perfect” She gales at me and walks away. Brilliant I have my first enemy.

--- 

Sorry it's quite short but i needed to update i hope you like it :)