Chapter Twelve

Wendy helped to load some of the books into the back seat of Adam's car. Once they were done at Hiccup's they went to the library to get more. Of course Belle was driving with Adam. Kristoff, Anna, Jack, and Elsa were in Elsa's car. That left Wendy to sit in the passenger seat of Hiccup's truck with Merida between them.

Their stop at the library didn't take very long. Belle quickly called Alice to tell her what was going on while they were there setting the last of the books in Adam's car. Anna and Kristoff ended up holding some in Elsa's car.

If only Alice had been there to teleport them, it would've gone by much faster... and there would've been less bickering between couples and friends. It was nearly giving her a headache, did Belle always have to tease Merida?

"A few weeks after bringing one girl, and now it's a whole horde!" Miss Potts proclaimed. Wendy couldn't tell if the prospect made her happy or angry. When the stout woman hugged Adam she assumed it was the former. Miss Potts looked at the group then to the door. "Well, come now, it's freezing out here."

"We have a lot of books in my car." Adam said.

Potts continued rushing them to the door. She opened it and lead them inside the mansion, servants swarmed them, offering to take coats, hats, gloves, et cetera. Wendy handed hers to a brunette maid and thanked her. Miss Potts took Belle's things, "I'll have Pierre take them to the library for you."

"He's going to need help."

"I'll let him know. Now get to the kitchen, I'm sure Chef Bouche will have something for the lot of you." Potts gave Adam a small push.

"Potts!" He shouted, surprised. She gave him a stern look, "All right, we're going. There're two more people coming in a little bit--"

"And I'll send them to the library as soon as they get here." She shooed them away with her hands this time, Wendy couldn't help but giggle at how much the small woman pushed Adam around.

As soon as they got out of hearing range, Merida spoke up, "I don't remember her being that scary. She's almost as bad as me mum."

"You? Scared of a little old woman?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

Hiccup squeezed her hand, a warning. 

"I didn't say I was scared of her, I just meant that she's intimidating, for 'a little old woman'." She argued back, not taking the warning.

Wendy tuned out the rest of the argument, she didn't need to acknowledge it unless it got out of hand. Thankfully, it stopped when they reached the kitchen, the ones participating in the disagreement were too hungry to continue and everyone ate their fill of crepes.

The books were all in the library by the time they made it there, as promised. They all sat down at one of the long tables where there would be enough seats for all of them once Alice and Arthur arrived. Hiccup and Adam took the heads, Merida and Belle to the right of their respective partner. Jack slouched in his chair to Hiccup's left, Elsa sitting straight up in her chair next to him. Anna was less poised next to her sister, but still had decent posture. Next to her, Kristoff was awkwardly attempting to look like the royalty he clearly wasn't... not yet anyway. Wendy sat next to Merida, three empty chair to her left.

One for Alice.

One for Arthur.

One for Peter--for when he remembered. But when would she would get the chance to see him again, let alone kiss him?

"What do we know about Maleficent?" Hiccup started.

Belle answered, "She's one of the most powerful villains we've come across, with her ability to do magic and shift from human to the form of a dragon at will."