Prologue

The witch looked down at the cauldron, her loyal raven sitting on her shoulder to watch as she stirred the contents of the pot. Inside were the ingredients for a curse, but not just any old curse, a curse to send the entire land of Fiaba to completely different realm.

Under her breath, the woman muttered over and over again. The raven didn't quite understand the words.

Fate be changed

Mend the soul

Live new lives

In new times

Far away, in separate areas of the land, villains could sense the curse starting to set over the land. They quickly gathered, evil queens, pirates, princes, and even plain old rude men. Together they devised ways for each of them to get their happily ever after once and for all.

"This curse," Gaston said while taking a swig of ale, "will wipe out each and every person in the lands?"

"Yes." Maleficent shouted so everyone in the cavern could hear over the dull chatter, "We need to find a way to avoid it!"

Hans stepped up to the Mistress of All Evil and gave her a smug look, "And how do you suggest we do that exactly?"

She strode over to him, he realized how sickly her skin looked as she got closer, "Do not question me!" She walked away from him, but not before plucking a button from his jacket. She walked around the room taking similarly smaller things from each villain in the room: a card from the Queen of Hearts, a feather from the Hatter's hat--he wasn't a villain, but a recently captured slave to the Queen--a ring from Captain Hook, Gaston's ponytail, a small bag of sand from Pitch Black, and so on and so forth.

Maleficent walked to the center of the room where she proceeded to throw each object into a pit of fire. A green mist floated over the crowd, some of the villains--ones who weren't involved with magic--gasped, others only stared in comprehension.

Whatever the case, they were protected.

"When the curse comes, we will be ready!" She declared. "This curse shall have no effect on us and we shall finally be able to get what we want!" The crowd was in upheaval, shouting their victory that had not yet truly been won.