| Chapter 07 |

Chapter 07
Nova's  Point  of   View

As I woke up the next day to smell french toast, I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was alone. I sat up and reach for my bag. I pulled out something I could wear. After I was done getting ready, I walked out of the tent to see breakfast was done. I walked over to the table and started to dish out.

"Hey," said Jonah.

"Hey," I reached for fork for the sausages.

I placed two sausages onto my plate as he said, "some of us are going hiking. Would you like to come?"

"Sure," I placed the fork down onto the plate.

"Great."

I placed my plate on the table and bent down and started to look for a water bottle. When I found one it was the last one, I stood up and grabbed my plate and went and sat down in my chair. I looked around the camp fire to see a empty chairs beside Jonah. I was expecting his dad to sit next him but I forgot he went into town with the rest of the dads. I placed the bottle down on the ground. I watched as Victoria took away Asher plate and placed it in the empty chair next to him. She sat down on his lap and said, "I missed you." She placed her hands around his neck and started to kiss his neck.

"Get off of me"

"Do you really want me to?"

He stood up causing her to giggle. He walked over to the empty chair across the fire pit. When he stood in front of an empty chair, he unwrapped her arms around his neck causing her to fall down onto the chair.

"Asher!" He didn't say anything as he walked away. He sat down and started to eat. I tried hiding my smile as I took a bit of the french toast. "Do you think this is funny?"

I looked up at Victoria as Asher said, "just drop it! I'm not in the mood to here you argue."

She glared at me and I looked down at my food. After we were done eating, we waited for a good hour before we started to go hiking. Victoria and the moms stayed behind since they didn't want to come, so they decided they would just go to the lake. Apparently the hike is a three hours form the camp ground and when you get to end there is a great view of the forest. Jonah was carrying a book bag filled with our lunch and some drinks.

As we were walking down the trail, we were walking single fail line, since the trail can only fit one person. I was at the back of the line and Asher was at the top of the line leading us. He has been out here more then us so he knows the way around the forest. I reached for the branch as Hayley held it for me so it wouldn't fly towards me. She let go of it as I grabbed ahold of it.

I heard a girl laughter as she said, "I'm going to get you..."

I turned my head to see a girl with dark brown hair chasing after a black wolf. What the? She jumped onto his back as he shifted back into his human form? They landed into the creek. I snapped out of it as I felt something sharp hit the bottom of my foot as I came falling down onto the ground. I sat on my but as I looked down at my knee. This is just great.

"Nova," I looked up at Hayley as she came walking up to me, "what happen?"

A wave of pain went to my knees, "I tripped."

She bent down while saying, "Jonah, do you have a bandaid?"

"Yeah just one sec," he said while looking through his bag.

I felt the blood going down my knee as Asher said, "here hold onto me."

Before I could say anything, he scoped me up into his arms and carried me bridal style. I wrapped one my arms around his neck, and he started to walk off somewhere. I looked to where he was heading and he was walking over to the creek. He sat me down onto a rock.