Chapter 1: Improved Women's Well-being

Defining Your Self-Image

All women have an idea of the way they look, but this image is not always realistic. Sometimes, they are too hard on themselves (seeing only the incipient double chin and ignoring the neat ankles), while at other times, they may try self-deception (picking clothes that are too small because they refuse to admit, they have put o weight). They can all benefit from taking a fresh look at their self-image, and by being as realistic about it as possible.

Taking Stock: Your Shape

Start by standing naked in front of a mirror and examining your reflection, both front view and sideways on. Don't pull in your stomach, or clench your buttocks, or try to flatter yourself in other ways. Decide what you really think about your body, at your skin, muscles, hair and nails. Perform the pinch test and then weigh yourself.

Make a note of all your findings, and of all the assumptions you have about yourself and your body – the good points as well as the bad. Decide which parts of yourself you can and want to change, which parts you must accept as they are, and which you like and want to emphasize.

Distinguish carefully between imperfections you can work on and those you must accept. No amount of dieting and exercise can change your basic inherited body type – but excess weight, bad posture, and lack of fitness have nothing to do with body type!

Pinch Test

How easy is it for you to pinch a roll of flesh on your upper arm, inside thigh, midriff, or buttocks? Stand upright when you do the test and use your thumb and forefinger to make the pinch. If you can painlessly pinch more than 2.5 cm of flesh in these areas, you are overweight.

Taking Charge

Self assessment is the first step in taking charge of your well-being. Once you have peeled away the myths and found a realistic self image, you can set yourself definite goals for self-improvement. The way you look, the way you feel, and what you ultimately achieve all depend on you.

Once you have set your goals, start working toward them right away.

Desirable Weights

This table gives you a guide to the desirable weight for your height and a build. Measuring the circumference of your wrist will give you an indication of your build. If it is 13.9 cm or less, you have a small frame; if it's over 13.9 cm but less than 16.5 cm, you have a medium frame; if it is 16.5 cm or over, you have a large frame. Measure your height without shoes and weigh yourself without clothes.

Visible Difference

Visible Difference is an intensive moisture treatment with highly scientifically-claims. Created in 1974, it was a total innovator; today it is more than ever, the moisturizer.

In 1987, it is ranking Number 1 among all cosmetics sold duty-free worldwide and Number 6 among the top 250 perfumes and cosmetics sold in duty-free.

The reason of its success: any woman who uses Visible Difference can see a visible improvement of her skin within two to three weeks; complexion becomes radiant, number and depth of dryness lines are dramatically reduced and skin feels softer and smoother.

Scientifically proven, it has been clinically, allergy and dermatologist tested.

Complete Your Visible Difference Strategy With:

Eye Care Concentrate – an advanced moisture penetration for the delicate, vulnerable skin around your eyes. Significantly reduces dryness lines within 14 to 21 days. Compatible with eye make-up to provide 24 hours protection.

Moisture Crème Soap – rich lather floats out surface debris, contains Visible Difference Moisture Crème Complex to smooth as it cleans.

Gentle Scrub Crème for the Face – a non-drying, non-irritating granular scrub. Very gentle, it awakens your skin to a youthful radiance. Afterwards, your skin looks superbly young and fit.

Gentle Scrub Crème for the Body – exhilarating granular scrub provides skin with a fresh pampered glow. Gentle exfoliation immediately results in softer, smoother body skin.

Special Moisture Formula for the Body – unscented, or lightly scented, it provides all day protection. Body skin feels smooth and silky, even those areas most susceptible to dryness, hands, elbows, knees and heels.

Deep Cleansing Lotion – a cleanser with the effectiveness of a cream, the lightness of a lotion. Removes all kinds of make-up and thoroughly cleans the skin without stripping it of precious moisture. Very convenient and clean because it is presented with a pump.

Refining Toner – revitalizes as it gently sweeps away lingering traces of cleanser and make-up. Very pleasantly scented with fresh, clean and natural notes.

Refining Moisture Lotion – an intensely moisturizing day lotion with sunscreen that is perfect under make-up. Moisturizes in depth, reduces the number and depth of facial lines, provide the perfect finish for make-up wearers. Improve the feel and look of skin within 14 to 21 days.

Refining Moisture Crème Complex – a rich effective cream that cushions your skin with moisture and achieves a visible improvement of the skin within 14 to 21 days. Dryness lines are dramatically reduced and complexion looks much more radiant.