Chapter 23: Also Because I Miss Her

Helloo :) so I thought it was important to have this small chapter in first before I add in the date chapter (which will be a lot longer than this one and is a thank you for 32K views which is amazing so thank youuuu!).

It's only a small chapter but it sets up for the next one :)

Thank you so much for reading. Please vote and comment and tell me what you think :)))

Chloe xX (not edited sorry :))

Lexa's POV

It's been a few hours since Clarke had asked me to go out on a date with her.

The over joy consumed my whole being, the dooming thought I had that she was going cold no longer present in my mind.

Clarke plucking up the courage to ask me on a date shows me how much she cares for me, how much she liked me.

But what showed me how much Clarke wanted this 'thing' between me and her work was the fact that she took her time to learn how to say it in my language.

She didn't expect me to just follow along with her, she made adjustments to how she functions to match the way I function.

The fact that she put effort in made me even more excited. But I was nervous.

Incredibly nervous.

----

Clarke had left the hospital around four thirty that afternoon so that she could relax for a few hours and catch up on some sleep ready for the day ahead. It was Sunday tomorrow and we needed to work on our project and nothing was getting in the way of that, we haven't even started the plan.

The project has to be in on the following Monday so we had to get it done soon.

And my concussion wasn't going to stop that.

The only distraction I will be allowing is Clarke. Nothing more and nothing less.

As time passed in the hospital the doctors came to do hourly observations. Not talking to me other than through an interpreter when he would show up.

One nurse even just stuck his thumb up to motion everything was good.

My parents had left at around 6 when visiting hours were over and when my dad thought that he should check up on Clarke.

After a while I decide to check up on Clarke, just to see how she's doing at my house without me.

And also because I miss her.

I take my phone (which my dad had gone to collect from Clarke's house) from the hospitals bed side table and message Clarke.

Hey Clarke, how's my parents? I hope you're okay and are feeling better. I'm not sleeping well so if you need me just text me :) x

I smile before I send the text, hoping I didn't wake her up.

Almost immediately I get a reply.

Heyy Lex :) All is good I the Woods house hold, even though your mum still don't like me :/. How come you're not sleeping, is it your head? See if the doctor will give you more meds. (Hey I expect more kisses than that ;) ) xxx

I let out a light chuckle at the end of Clarke's text message.

My mum does like you Clarke, how can she not. You're amazing and she'll see that! The doctors don't talk to me, but I'll be fine :) I'm soooorrryy I'll make it up to you :**** xxx

I type the last bit of the message hoping that Clarke will smile.

You want me to call them up? You better ;) xxx

I laugh at Clarke's reply.

Nah it's okay, I'll live :)xxx

I love the fact that Clarke was concerned and offered a solution to my problem, I just wish she didn't have to.

If the doctors weren't so ignorant I would g have to rely on others.

Okay, if you're sure? Hey I had an idea for our date. I wanna take you some where! Xxx

I look at the word date with disbelief, I still can't believe the girl I saw drawing at the back of the classroom is going on a date with me.

Where????? Xxx

I feel myself get excited! Oh I wish I could have this conversation with Clarke in person.

To see the excitement flourish across her face, to see her eyes become a brighter shade of blue due to excitement.

It's a surprise :P!! By the way your Dad said I can come pick you up tomorrow morning if that's okay, I'll use my car? Xxx

I read Clarke's message with a smile, my face now hurting from the constant smile it's displaying.

Of course it's okay, I would love that xxx

Okay well I'm tired and I need to sleep but I hope you feel better, if you need me please don't hesitate just text me. I'll be there in the morning to collect you. Goodnight beautiful xxx

Clarke has never called me beautiful before, she's given ne compliments like 'oh you're so beautiful how do you do that with your face?!'

She actually said that quite a lot. But never said beautiful to me on this sense.

It made me feel loved and happy. I liked it.

I just can't wait until tomorrow when I get to see her again, to be able to tell her how beautiful she is.

I messaged Clarke goodnight and continues to lie still in my bed. My thoughts drifting to Clarke like they have every night since I met her.

Clarke.

Words= 916