Chapter 8: Back Around 8

Clarke's POV

I wake up in the morning to my alarm beeping like crazy. I drag my tired body out from under my sheets and walk to the other side of my room and hit my alarm that's in the wall. I grab my small white throw from my desk chair and drape it over my shoulders as I head down the stairs to the kitchen.

As I walk into the kitchen I head straight for the coffee machine. As usual I see a note taped to the start button.

Gone to work early. Not back until around 8 so make some dinner for yourself. Lunch money is in the top draw.

Love Mom xx

The note seemed less thoughtful than yesterday's but then again I didn't really expect anything else, my Mom is hardly ever sweet.

I grab my mug of coffee and head upstairs to change clothes. I rummage thorough my closet trying to find my black cardigan when I stumble across my Star Wars jumper. As soon as I see the logo I instantly think of Lexa. I just can't believe she is into Star Wars. She isn't a typical fan girl. She gives off  this cool, mischievous and rough look but she's so quite and thoughtful- I know this from her little note she left me. I don't know why I keep think of this girl, she just seems to be perfect and I don't know why I'm so intrigued by her, I just am!

Once I was dressed, in a red and black checkered/flannel dress with black boots and a small but warm black cardigan, I packed my school bag and left my house, got in my car and drive to school.

-----

As I arrive at school 20 minutes early so I decide to check my phones calendar and double check my agenda for today. I click on the date, 14th Sep, and scroll through my list of task for the day:
•Doctors - 1:45
•Debate Club - Form
•EAL mentoring- Break time
•Hoover 3rd floor
•Call hairdresser

As I go through my list I realise that I have Debate Club first thing this morning, which means I won't be in form and can't give my address to Lexa. Also I have the doctors which means I miss the end of school so I can't even give Lexa a ride to mine.

I close down the calendar app and open up messenger. I click on Lexa's name and start a new message.

Morning Lex, I'm not in form today as I have Debate Club and I'm leaving school early as I have an appointment. Is it cool if you can come to mine about 4? Gives you 40 minutes after school ends?

I send the message after I double check and then check again to make sure it sounds okay. I don't want her to think I'm avoiding her, I wish I could have lunch and for with her. But then again I get to spend the evening with her, well hopefully.

I know it's for school stuff but my mum is out until 8 at work so we don't have to actually study until then. We can watch a movie or listen to some music and just talk, I want to get to know Lexa as much as I possibly can. She seems like a very interesting, complex bit fun person. I will do the work, don't get me wrong it's important to me I can't have my grades slip but I can always do the project easily by myself. I've done it before, people know I'm smart and although I do have a great group of friends like Octavia, Raven and Lincoln it's not always been like that, people used to use me for a good grade which really sucked.

As I walk into school and head for the extra curricular room where Debate Club meet my phone vibrates in my cardigan pocket. I unlock the screen and open up messenger. I have a new message from Lexa.

Hey Clarke, it's okay I have meetings this morning. Then I have the doctors later and it won't finish until around 3:30. If you give me your address I should be there around 4:10ish. Have a good day :)x

I read Lexa's message and smile. I don't know why but she makes me smile all the time. Lexa is just so wonderful, so beautiful and so intriguing to me that every small thing she does makes me giggle or smile internally. Especially if I am with her and she does this little smirk thing I noticed that she does, where she's trying to keep a straight face but I can see her mask cracking and she slightly smiles. I saw her do it yesterday so many times and it makes me happy and cheerful to think about it.

I message Lexa back with my address and conformation that her time was okay. I then compose myself and try to stop smiling with excitement about tonight. I shake my hands and wiggle my neck trying to loosen myself before entering the room. I open the door to the small Debate Club room, all fired up and reading to fight, I mean debate, about everything!

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while, I'm actually ill right now but I'm getting better slowly so should be updating soon.
I have an idea of where the next chapter is going but please tell me if you have suggestions.
Vote and comment. And thanks for reading!
Chloe :)