Chapter One: Free-Falling

Magsimula sa umpisa

     But where was Embry?

"Ayesha?"

     "Aye!"

     Muffled voices called my name as I fell from the cliff. I spread my arms out to the side. The longer I feel, the farther away the cliff seemed; but I never seemed to break the water's surface.

     I was free-falling.

     In the distance, I could hear the howling of a wolf. Calling to his pack memebers. Calling some sort of warning....

"Ayesha! Wake up!"

     The voices continued to call my name. I could hear. No sight. I could only see the grey wolf... peeking through the shadows. It's dark eyes burning in to mine.

     I will never forget those eyes....

Finally, my eyes fluttered. Sighs of many people breathed all over my face. I opened my eyes to see twelve--no, 8... the amount continued to change until it rounded up to only being six people.

     I recognized these people as Leah and Seth Clearwater, Sam, Quil, Embry and Jacob.

     "She's awake," Leah murmured. I could distantly hear the squeak of my father's wheel chair nearing closer. Wait a second... why was everybody even in my house?

     "Everyone back away," my father, Chief of the Quileute tribe ordered. His voice was rough with worry. Everyone backed off and smushed together on our tiny living room couch.

     "Ayesha Naomi Black, what were you thinking? Jumping off a cliff..." my father trailed off, muttering in disapproval.

     I sent a glare over in the direction of Jacob, Quil and Embry. Jake held up his hands with a look saying "Hey, you agreed to it."

     "Water..." I choked out after telling my dad everything that happened. I sit myself up as Jacob runs to the kitchen to fetch me a glass of water. I look down at my left hand; a navy blur brace covered up my tan skin.

     "What happened after I passed out?'' I ask.

     Embry stood up and floated past Billy (my dad) over to me. "You say you don't remember anything after carried to shore, am I right?"

     I nod slowly. "Well, actually I remember seeing a wolf running through the forest." I add, leaving out the staring thing.

     "Uh, y-you know it w-was probably just a l-lo-local." Embry sent an alarmed look in Billy's direction. He seemed to calm down after my dad nodded stiffly. "Well," he said, returning to the original subject, "I went to go warn Chief Black about what happened. The you guys showed up."

     Embry's last few words I didn't catch. Embry went to go warn dad.... I thought slowly. My mind flashed back to the sound of the warning howl in the forest.

     "Embry," I started, gripping the bed. "There's something you're not telling me about the wolf."

     I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone. If I didn't stare at the wall, I would probably explode. I felt my grip get stronger. A shake racked my body. The pattern repeated.

     "Ayesha," Embry said cautiously, "it was nothing..."

     More shakes distorted my body's straight back. I bent over and jumped up into a stance. I was prepared to throw myself at him and take him to the ground. "Embry..." I growl, curling my lip back.

     My dad wheels over quickly. "Ayesha... we have something to tell you...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So? What did you think about it? I'm sorry if you don't really like it. If you do great! But this is my first time EVER writing a fan-fiction.

Okay, so to update, I need:

Five votes.

Twenty reads.

Five comments.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I'll probably update on Thursday, December 1st, 2011. Have a nice day... night?

Copyright:

This is a fan fiction of a story by Stephenie Meyer. Most characters do not belong to me, but are completely of the imagination of Stephenie Meyer.

Any people or places that are in this story is completely coincidental.

Haha, that's my first time writing a copyright note. But you get the point, right? Most of these characters DO NOT belong to me. Ayesha  does though.

Thank you!

twiheart26

NOT EDITED