Chapter 6: Questions

Lachlan's P.O.V.

Anna took a deep breath. I don't blame her, that was a long speech. So long in fact that half way through I had to stifle a cough, causing blood to splatter in my mouth. Now that she was done, I let the cough out. My body was taken over with a fit of coughing. I swear you could of heard my bones rattling.

"Hey, Anna, do you have any medicine for Lachlan?" says Preston with concern in his eyes....and is that...love? No, nobody would love a worthless person like me. I guess being away from people for so long can really damage a person reading abilities of other peoples. Even though something tells me that it's not true.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. Bob go and get the medicine" Anna response. Bob, not looking to happy to be bossed around, scurried off to get whatever medicine there is. Yeah right, there is medicine, I tried for 5 years and found nothing that could help.

Bob came back a moment later with a bottle in his hand and gave it to Anna.

"Okay Lachlan, we both know why you have this... sickness. You can tell the others when you are ready." says Anna. She was right. I was not born with this... it was all my parents fault.

I haven't thought about that for 5 years and I don't plan to start now. I hadn't thought of my home village since that awful day.

"Anyways, this medicine will kick in in 5 minutes. During that time, you are going to feel drowsy and unresponsive. So I am going to ask you to take it when you go to bed. Each night for the next 7 days. You are going to take this for the rest of your life." she says. Whatever, I hope it works. She hands me the bottle and I put it in my pocket of my red hoodie.

"Okay, thank you for the medicine for Lachlan, but I think we have some questions." Jerome jutted in. He was right. That was what I wanted to say if I was not engulf in coughing. I sat in the far end of the room though so no one can reach me. It seemed that Preston wanted to help, but was afraid to. Everybody wanted to help, even the cold and distanced Mitch. They just don't know me. If they did then they would be running away from me.

"Jerome's right, and one question I have is....who is who? I am not going to question this because your body language says it is all, it is true." I said, with more calm than I thought I had. I didn't even cough or stuttered. Oh no, please say I am not getting too attached. Anyways, why did I ask that, I already knew.

"I think you already know, Lachlan." Says Anna. Everybody, even the calm Mitch, stared at me, their mouths almost touching the floor.

Vik's P.O.V.

We all stared at Lachlan. How did he know? Then it dawned on me.

"You're the bird, am I correct? You can read other people so easily. Sometimes it's like you're reading our minds." I say. Lachlan nods, looking scared. Then he is engulfed in a fit of coughing, that took a minute. We all waited, because it was obvious that Anna and Bob won't tell us who is who.

"You're right. I can read other people so easily, and when I want, I can read their minds. Don't worry, I haven't done it to any of you. I don't like doing that. It hurts my head so much, mostly when I'm sick like this. I can understand if you don't want to be near me anymore, my whole town, even my parents didn't..." Lachlan stopped abruptly and started sobbing. I felt bad for the guy. We just asked him to relieve a horrible memory. I have no clue what it is but maybe he will tell us one of these days.

Preston gets up and goes over to Lachlan. I follow, than Rob, Than Jerome, and lastly Mitch. Making sure we don't touch him we sit around him, like we are trying to block the memories from coming.

"Okay, I'm going to leave you guys here to talk and bond. Come on Bob, let's go." said Anna. She and Bob exited the room.

A/N: Another cliffhanger. I am a mean person. Anyways, here you go. And I am in a good writing mood that I might just update Neptamine to ( I butchered that name whatever XD). Anyways, Peace I am out!!