Chapter 18- We. Are. The. Pack

Chapter 18

Mitch's P.O.V

As I walked with Gynger into the dark and dreary cave, I felt an odd sense of calmness watch over me, like a unknown power source was taken control of me. Maybe it had it had something to do with me being the lion and all, didn't both Anne and Lachlan say that the lion was usually calm? Also, what am I;m going to look like when I get the tattoo done? Lachlan has wings, so...

I was interrupted by my thoughts as we got into the small cavern, where there were only torches to illuminate the little room, besides that, the room was completely estinguesed of light. In the middle of the room, stood a small wooden table with needles and... is that ink besides the needles? Write next to the table stood a small wooden chair that looked like it was about to break in half.

Oh great, I thought as I stared at the chair, this is going to be so uncomfortable.

The chair was so small that when Gynger instructed me to sit down, my knees were bent all the was into my chest and I could feel the slivers of dried wood digging into my back.

" Did you make this uncomfortable on purpose or what?" I say, but I wasn't being mean, I had a smile dancing on my lips from the fun I was having with this girl. I liked her, her ripped black leggings and skirt really told me she was something to not mess with, and I liked that. Not that I felt any sexual feelings towards her, probably because I am so gay.

It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous, I joked with myself, my smile growing even deeper. I probably looked like a creepy clown that you see in some horror movie.

" Actually, Bob set this whole thing up so, blame him" laughed Gynger. Ohh, that made so much more sense. That small devil probably wanted me to feel as uncomfortable as I can get. I'm pretty sure he hates our guts, even though I'm not sure why.

" Anyways let's do this" says Gynger, already having a needle in her hand.

Oh no. This is going to be painful....

Jerome's P.O.V

A bright flash came from the entrance of the cave and everyone turned around, staring at the entrance. Just as fast as the light came, it was gone in a split second.

"What was that" I heard Vik mutter. I just shrugged, not knowing the answer, we all looked at Lachlan for that but he seemed to focused in his own thoughts to be paying that much attention to us. Did he even notice the light? Before anyone could of asked Lachlan, two figures came walking out if the entrance of the cave.

Preston's P.O.V

Mitch and Gynger came walking out of the dark cave entrance, Mitch came out with a calm expression while Gynger looked excited as always. Does she ever change her expression? She always seems ready for an adventure and I guess that is a good thing since I guess in about a month's time we will be going on a adventure of our own.

"Oh!!! What cute ears and tails you have!" screeched Jerome, running up to Mitch, trying to reach for his new ears but Mitch kept moving away, glaring at Jerome. Finally, Mitch gave up and in a instint Jerome was petting his ears and tails.

Oh I though He has lion's ears, a tail, sharp teeth and nails. How come I missed that?

"Jerome, it's your turn" says Gynger, happy to be helping Mitch, it seemed. Jerome looked at Mitch but then he slowly walked away inside of the cave, following Gynger. Rob,Vik, and I just started talking to Mitch about how it went, we asked question like "was it painful?". He told us it didn't hurt at all, just a little sting. He than showed us his tattoo, and behold, there was a roaring head of a lion on his wrist.

"Cool" Rob said, and the others started talking about something, I don't know, I wasn't paying attention to them I was paying attention to Lachlan. He was standing around 10 feet away from us, staring off into the distance. He looked like he was thinking about something that was troubling but I couldn't figure out what.

I started walking over towards Lachlan to ask what was wrong but before I could get far, a light came from the cave. Everyone turn around, even Lachlan this time, snapping out of his daydream. Gynger and Jerome came walking out, and this time I noticed the change. He had bear ears and sharp teeth and claws. He also had one of those fluffy bear tales.

"Jerome!!!!" yelled Mitch while jumping onto Jerome's back, wrapping his legs around Jerome's waist and grabbing on too his ears.

"PAYBACK!" Mitch yelled, somehow being louder than when he yelled "Jerome" , even though that seems inhumanly impossible. Maybe because he is the Lion, after all Anna and Lachlan said the Lion had a roar that could knock out anyone in the area but it's probably just Mitch being loud.

All of a sudden, a small laugh came up from behind me and I spun around, being face to face with Lachlan and he was SMILING?! Just as fast as it was there, it was wiped off his face just as fast, almost so fast that I thought I just imagined it but the lingering humor in Lachlan eyes told me otherwise.

When I realized I was staring at him, I quickly turned around and saw that Rob was gone, while Jerome was showing Mitch and Vik his tattoos. When I came closer I saw that his tattoo was a bear roaring, just like Mitch's.

"You and Mitch are twinsies" I teased, and I noticed that both Mitch and Jerome blushed. Oh, this is going to be interesting, I thought when a huge grin started spreading across my face. I ship it.

Another Bright flash came from the tunnel, and we all turned around waiting for Rob and Gynger to come out. Rob came out first and I saw Vik staring at him, another person blushing. I ship that too.

Rob had a wolf's ears, teeth, and... eyes? Now that I thought about it, Lachlan had piercing bird like eyes and now that I look at Mitch and Jerome more closely they also had eyes like their animals. Huh.

"Vik, your turn" says Gynger and Vik went fallowing afterwards, leaving us 5 outside.Rob showed us his tattoo and it was a Wolf's head staring calmly at us, and I felt a shiver run through my spine.

A light flashed and then came out Vik and Ginger. Vik had gills his neck and a large fin on his back and his eyes were like wales, even though I don't know how that is possible. He showed us his tattoo and it was a whale's tail.

"Preston, come with me" says Gynger and I follow right after her.

Lachlan's P.O.V

After about 5 minutes after Preston went in he was coming right back out, Gynger coming write up from behind him. His hair kept changing from brown to red and his eyes were glowing with fiery passion. I know that once he is able to control his powers he is going to be covered in lava soon.

Here we are. We. Are. The. Pack.

A/N: GUYS!! I updated! Are you proud of me? Also this is a long chapter and took me forever so I hope you like it. :) Question: What is my favorite color. Go!! See you next time peeps.