Chapter 78 - Chelsea POV

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to try it out? If you don't like it well, that's fine as well." As I said with Angel she saw things in black and white. Violet could have stopped after saying Angel can't feed three babies at once.

Why? Three mouths, two breasts, one baby won't eat... she thought. Everything else Violet said after that was just unnecessary padding when it came to her.

.

.

.

While pumping, the three of them still played Ava's matching game, until Gabriel knocked and entered the room searching for me, only having eyes for me. I knew he came down with something else in mind, but all he did was inspect me, I know having heard what went down with Wolf and I.

Slowly he came to me, "We have numbers now, thirty-one young men, and after what happened in Chapel Hill we will only have six girls. The oldest boy is 16 years old and the youngest is four years old. The oldest girls, three of them are 16, the youngest is five years old," he said, holding a stack of printed papers and gave them to me. Skimming I see they are mini-profiles, age, weight, height, school level they are at and approximate size. Needing to get some air, I begin to pack my things up, "I'm going shopping," I said already putting my things away. "Nona will stay with Ava and Angel, Violet you, Andrea, Molly, Greta and I as well as Jack, Casey, Jamie and James will come with me," giving the orders I refuse to meet Gabe's eyes until I finally have too.

"You want to go out? He says, not so calmly, "After wolves have been ousted?" Gabe's jaw twitch, "Chel-" he stops, closes his eyes that were stormy. When they open, they're slightly calmer, "Take Nonno, Ray, Nathan and Anton with you..." his eyes settle and I smile back, "over kill," I murmur, knowing he can hear me, he growls, pulling me up to him.

"We aren't going out there in wolf form Gabe," I replied, "No, you're just going out in your form after I decimated a pack..." he whispered, swallowing, his Adam's apple bobbing. I nodded, understanding.

"If I take them all who helps with moving?"

"When you take them, Marx has already called fifteen of his men when Angel was delivering, they just arrived. They will help pack and load everything. How long will you be gone? What do you need that can't wait Chelsea?" he watches me, waiting, looking for something to make me not go out there.

I wanted him to understand, so I showed him.

I let him see when dad as finally taking me home from the hospital. I had only had a small little backpack, filled with a few ragged clothes to call my own. But the morning he was taking me, he came with a small suitcase, like chest. A child's. Inside were a few toys, colors, clothes, personally items, shampoo and conditioner, towels, books etc. I shared with him how confused I was, that he didn't just give them to me wherever it was he was taking me, wondering what was going on because no matter how many homes I was shuffled into no one had done that before. I always had to use what was there, keep my things in my bags because no one had really told me I was there to stay.

I showed him how when we entered the home it was like a fairytale, but what I wanted to really show him is my plain white room and Jason saying, "This is your space to do with what you want," and how slowly, two months passing by I unpacked, and made the room mine. I stopped putting my toiletries back into my bag or near it, after each use. I finally put my shoes in the closet, my clothes in the draws. I changed the bedding to a nice teal blue instead of plain white, the more confident I became in my space, the more changes I made. Painted my walls, put up my art, made the space my own piece my piece. My own little haven. It wasn't predesigned in a way that made me feel as though I had to be the girl that fit that room instead of myself.