aren't you forgetting something...?

The singing of the newly born birds calling to their mother woke up the boy wonder. It was a beautiful spring day. One of the best too. Today was his birthday.
"Hello master Richard. Are you up?"
He heard his butler call out from behind the door.
"I have made your favorite breakfast."
"Be out there in a minute Alfred!" Replied Richard, quickly getting up excited for the day he had ahead of him. Ohh and the breakfast that he had waiting.
Richard got up and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. He had jet black hair and stunning blue eyes. He didn't think of himself as attractive but others seemed to differ. After doing his usual biz in the bathroom he quickly threw on his favorite shirt, Obviously it was a batman shirt, A symbol of his idol, boss and dad. After that he threw on his sneakers, jeans and, a green hoodie.
On his way down about half way he could smell his favorite food. Sunny side up eggs, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, sausage, and slightly golden brown toast. Even though it was a lot of food who cared! It was his birthday! He was going to eat what he wanted!
As he reached the dinning room he grabbed a plate and decided what to eat first, which was pancakes. As he sat down he saw the big man at the end of the table reading the newspaper. The front showed his and Batman's recent winning battle.
"Good morning Richard. How was your sleep?"
"Pretty good actually considering that I barley got any at all on the other days of the week."
"That's good."
"Yeah......"
Was Bruce forgetting something? Did he forget or just not say it yet. He hoped that it was the later idea.
"Hey Bruce. Do I need to go to school today? " he hoped he didn't. It would be nice to spend the day with his dad.
"No. Today we have a big mission that I need your help on."
Had Bruce really forgotten? It least he didn't need to go to school. fighting crime was something that he enjoyed but he wanted to take a break for his birthday. But he was going to do it even though it meant that Bruce forgot his birthday.