Chapter 67 - Gabriel POV

Start from the beginning

"By bite, they thought I died but I didn't, for a while I was in this – this place... there was a woman there – she uhm, called it the 'Hereafter,' for many years before I was officially turned, I was fed upon," Declan closed his eyes and at the moment i wished, desperately that I had Chelsea's abilities.

"When I woke up, really woke up, after speaking to the woman, I saw what to do, I saw myself breaking into a blood banks so I followed that-"

"When you say wake up, what do you mean exactly?" I probed, needing all information before making a decision, plus I wanted Chelsea's input.

"I sleep, not as much as a human or wolf but I sleep, at night as you can see I can be outside with no issues," he paused, "but as I was saying I saw me breaking into a blood bank, so I did," he shrugged gazing at Angel, listening probably as I was, however we may have had different reasons.

"Then I saw myself with my mate, yet when I tried to find her, that search was useless. I realized maybe two months before I saved Russell and his family that my dreams weren't in any form of order – something I'm faced with even now. Sometimes I can't figure them out, but first I dreamt of my mate, then I dreamt about saving Angel... when I don't know the person, and can't get a good look beforehand, I have sometimes have no way of telling how soon or far the event will occur, I always appear so that's not a good judgment of time range, I don't age," he said frustrated.

"This situation with Amara and Russell..." he shook his head, hanging as though he failed, "I had dreamt that I wouldn't be saving Amara in time, I would save the rest, her parents included, but not her. I still hadn't gotten accustomed to everything so I thought that meant that I had to save her, so I did. Then I realized that I was not supposed too. That Russell was Angel's mate. I hadn't been a vampire for long, plus not trying to seek out my kind after my treatment before," he spoke stopping, focusing on me weirdly.

Sliding over to sit closer to Angel, he continued, "No, I did actually – I've sought out four vampires. One that made her mute, he I found. The one that first hurt her, I didn't, and no I couldn't and still can't track him down. No matter what lead I follow he is always five steps ahead," He hung his head. Logan. That is who he reminded me off at this very moment, a young boy putting the weight of the world on his shoulders, buckling each time and accepting fault completely. It wasn't being some sort of martyr, just moral obligation at play.

"There is so much I don't already know to be perfectly honest with you, but I know that Angel was a gift, part of a promotion in ranks, I believe for the Russian mob. They are gifted werewolf females I believe because they are more... durable," he spat, the inflection deliberate his face screwed up with the bitter aftertaste left in his mouth.

But what caught my attention as well as Nonno was the information that Russians were involved in the supernatural. Or maybe it was that, all my life we have been under the belief that the Russian mob was strictly human, green still Declan just continued speaking as though the words didn't spark interest.

"From what I've researched over the last ten years, the vampire in charge there, he has a few abilities and those deeply hidden have a few as well. I'm unsure of how they came to have these gifts but one removes your ability to speak, makes it burn when you try," he prattled on but it made sense.

Angel had thought of it, when she tried to speak for Russell, her throat burned and that was one thing she was frustrated with. Before when they lived in Germany alone, Angel had his complete devotion, no one to step in and take focus, but upon returning to his family, Amara showed her that she couldn't and would never be enough for Russell unless she could speak; like Amara.

"I'm not sure," I put my hands up to stop his speaking, "Russians are human-" he shook his head quickly, vampire speed making his head appear as just a blur.