Chapter 67 - Gabriel POV

Start from the beginning

"Yes, two... we can hear the heartbeats," Declan answered.

No Angel's wolf answered.

"Her wolf says 'No,'" I pass on.

"Three," Nonno answers calmly, with a small smile playing on his lips.

"How can you tell?" Was he doing the same that Chelsea had with my mother? Nonno snorted.

"At my age... I've seen many births. Her size and the sound, there is a slight mummer. I would even go as far to say that she has two girls and one boy, because she smells distinctively more female than male," he explained and I'm sure he was dying like everyone else in the room, to discuss the elephant in the room. Angel was also a white wolf.

"Should she shift back?" Declan asked worriedly, one of the babies heartbeat sped up slightly. Huh. A werewolf and vampire match? Max thought echoing my own thoughts. But it was all starting to make sense, saving Russell, let to saving Angel... saving his mate. I wondered what had made him save Russell numerous times, now I understood.

"No I believe she is having contractions, once she shifts she'll have to deliver immediately," Nonno answered Declan, Marx nodded in agreement.

Tuning into Chelsea's heartbeat and Angels mind I tuned everyone out, Gabriel was a man, then Gabriel was a dog – WOLF! Her wolf corrected. Gabriel is a man now... Angel. Now Angel is a wolf. Angel be Angel again? I chuckled, "What?" Marx asked.

"Angel, when you are ready to have the babies, you'll be human Angel again," I said a loud, then tried showing her what I meant before answering Marx.

.

.

.

"She's smart," Declan said to no one in particular, so I lifted a brow in question.

"Let's just say that not everyone back home believes she is capable of learning," but what he really meant to say was that Amara thought lowly of Angel. "So Angel is part of your pack now?" he asked, partially trying to avoid eye contact with me.

He wants something Max thought.

"Yes," I replied coolly.

"Oh..." he fidgeted under my stare, until huffing in frustration his young age showing.

"Can I be in your pack? I don't want trouble, I won't be any trouble," he said quickly but unclear and jumbled together.

Resting back, I thought about this, "Excuse me?"

"Well – it's just that – you see – that – can I be in your pack? Would that be okay?" he stammered until finally getting the words out. I didn't understand it, probably because I didn't know his story, but if there is one thing I've learned from my friendship with Logan was learning to place a pocket of faith in various people. No one vampire was my enemy until he or she wronged me; caused or could bring harm to those I love.

Mistaking my silence for flat out refusal, "I – I won't be any trouble. I don't even have to live on your land; I can buy a house nearby or maybe rent and apartment, something. I don't mingle with others like me-" he stopped abruptly, "Well Catalena but not others," he blurted out, but nowhere near finished, "I don't bite humans or drink from wolves, I never have!" And that caught my attention.

"What?"

"What, what?"

"You've never drank from a human or werewolf," I was finding this hard to believe.

"Not exactly I drink donated blood, I eat human food, require less blood than many of our kind," a vampire that requires little blood? Looking at Chelsea, I wonder how she would handle this, "how were you turned?"