09.

Leilani+

"Carame-lized shrimp du... lé?" I read off of my menu, well I tried to read. I don't think I got a single word right, the only thing I understood was 'shrimp'.
"So does that mean they dip the shrimp in caramel ?"

Mr. Gilinsky - which I still have not yet leaned his first name - glanced up from his phone with his lips parted and his jaw was crooked to the side, his eyebrows scrunched.

"No, Miss Stone, they do not." he simply said and looked back down at his phone as his fingers resumed tapping on the screen.

I gently set my menu on the table and picked up my glass of water while murmuring an 'okay'.

Don't get me wrong I would love to enjoy a nice meal, but I was getting a little frustrated at the fact; I did not know how to pronounce any of the meals on the menu, and eyebrows across from me wasn't really much of a help either.

"Are you two ready to order?" our waitress approached us with a note pad in her left hand and a pen in her right, ready to take our order.

"Yes...uh.. I'll have the stéed fillet of atlantic stripped bass." he answered, my eyes went over to eyebrows as the words fell out of his mouth.

What the fuck is that ?

The waitress nodded her head with a welcoming smile then she turned to me, my eyes widened in horror, about to open my mouth to speak eyebrows beat me too it.

"And she'll be having the same." I was going to protest but I decided to keep my mouth shut and nodd because, I did not want to look stupid trying to pronounce something that I totally never heard of.

"So whats the deal? Why am I here?" I ask him, I call déjà vu.

"What are you asking?" Mr Gilinsky asks, he sets his phone on the table, and it seems I have his attention.

I scoff, "why did you buy me a hotel, and to add on to it you take me out for lunch. What are you tryna get at?"

"I can't be nice ? Im just trying to feed a person that clearly hasn't eaten anything for weeks." he responds, the words that came from his mouth sounds like he would've had some humor behind them, but his face is saying something totally different, he looks serious.

I roll my eyes and fall back in my chair, "un-believeable." I say as I shake my head, I would've probably made a hit for the door if it wasn't for the food I was offered, that's keeping me here.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask him.

"I mean, I do own a charity that helps people like you." he says.

"What do you mean,'people like me' ?" I mocked him.

"Come on, Miss Stone, all games aside. We all know you do not live in that house, I dropped you off at." he says, "I've only known you for two days, but I know, you have not eaten anything in weeks and as for your clothes, Miss Stone," he takes a pause and gestures to my clothes,"your homeless."

As much as I do not want to admit to this perfect man that seems he does not have one flaw about him. The bitch is right.

I just don't want to say he is, because that's where the judging comes in and I'm not up for that. Being judged is the worst feeling in the world to me, its like being rejected and I don't t like that feeling either.

"Im going to ask you again, why am I here." I reinforce, "since you want to help people like me why choose me? I mean there's many other homeless people out there, why me ? They come into your charity every single day. Why me?"

Mr Gilinsky's stare never leaves my eyes as he crosses his arms over the table and leans closer to me.

"Because I-"

"satéed fillet of atlantic stripped bass, for the both of you." our waitress interrupts Mr Gilinsky and sets are plates in front of us she pours more water into our glasses, "enjoy." she says then walks away.

I am to distracted by the smell of food to even remind Mr Gilinsky to finish off his sentence.

The meal came out right except for the fact that I have never seen it before in my life. I watch how eyebrows picks up his knife and fork and cuts into the meat- which looks like fish- then I pick up my fork and knife and do the same.

I put the fish in my mouth and taste it, and to be honest, I think I just fell in love. The taste was so powerful I close my eyes and savor the taste.

When I open my eyes, eyebrows is watching me in amusement, my cheeks go hot from embarrassment.

"Did you just moan?" he asks, did I really moan? Okay now that's really embarrassing. I just want to take my food to go and get up out of there but I decide against it.

"Um." I slightly nod my head.

"I didn't know it would be that easy to make you moan." he says.

+

Right after I finished my last bite eyebrows called for the check. He had finished way before me, and I was taking to long to finish by savoring every bite. Who knows how long it would be until I have my next meal.

"Ready to go Miss Stone?" he asks after, the waitress came back with his card.

"Yes I am. And thank you for the food." I said as I got up out of the chair.

"Your welcome. " he says and I follow him out of the door to the black tahoe where Jason is waiting.

"Hello Jason." I smile at him, he gives me one nod and helps me into the car.

Mr Gilinsky steps into the front seat and were off on the road.

I lean my head against the window and think about how my life is slowly changing. My heavy eyes close as I watch tall buildings pass by, not even worried where I'm going, because I got nothing to loose.

Vote&comment

Im back & im better ! *starts singing 'dont' by Bryson tiller*

I know y'all have waited so long for this chapter so I made it as long as I could.

45 votes
20 comments
     For the next chapter ✨.