04.

Leilani+

I groan as the stupid sun wakes me up from my wonderful dream, I wish I had curtins. I sit up from my bed, groaning again, as I feel the heavy pounding on my head. I hold my forehead, and sigh in frustration.

I hate when I have headaches, but imagine when you feel like you got hit by a car, while having brain surgery, feeling extremely lightheaded.

I don't know what I just explained, but I hope it made you feel the pain I'm in.

I get up and go to the refrigerator, that is basically inside my bedroom, and is totally empty, to get a bag of ice.

I get a paper towel and place a couple of ice cubes in it before rapping it up and putting it on my forehead. Well that doesn't much help.  I take the sack off of my head and place a few ice cubes in my mouth. I love ice it's pretty cheap also.

My sensation is come to a stop by banging on the door. My eyebrows furrow in confusion, as I comp the ice and swallow the water. Who the hell is that? I walk to the door and open it.

Oh shit.

"Um, hi, Mr. Davis." I smile at the angry man infront of me,"How do you do?"

"Cut the bullshit Leilani. We both know that your five months late on your payment." He says. I thought I was only two months late. "You're out of here."

"Just give me two days." I pratically whine. "I have knowhere else to go."

But he just shakes his head, "You said that the last time. Pack your stuff and leave. I'm being nice, you don't have to pay this bill. Just leave."

"Please." I mumble.

"If your not out in the next ten minutes I'm calling the cops." He tells me before walking away. I turn around and look at the messy room. Ten minutes isn't enough time.

I don't have much belongings anyways, I sigh as I grab a walmart bag and stuff my little clothes I have into the plastic bag. Then I walk to the sink and brush my teeth, throwing my tooth brush in the bag when I'm done. 

I keep my over sized grey sweater, I found on the side of the road, on and slip on my dirty black and white converse.

I look around at the small room I've grown to love over the past year, so much memories have occured here, like that one time I tried prostitution. Good times.

I frown as I walk out of the room and down the stairs leading to the parking lot. I really don't know what I'm going to do.

I have nothing to eat, no job, no money, and now I just added no shelter to the long list of stuff I don't have. I look up to the sky, like it's going to give me answers but no, it's just plain old blue.

I start walking down the street with the bag gripped in my left hand, I don't know where my feet are taking me but I hope it's somewhere safe.

×

I ended up at my favorite spot in California, I would not have thought to come here. Right now I'm sitting on a bolder looking at the waterfall infornt of me, the way the water is so clear I could just drink it.

I stumbled in here about a few months ago, when I was drunk, and I woke up the next morning to find me sleeping on this very bolder. I came here everyday since, but I haven't really came here lately, I guess I just forgot about this place.

I usually come here when I can't deal with the world and when I have nothing to do, or when I have a lot on my mind, which I have had a lot on my mind.

I guess this place just gives me hope, and takes my mind away from all of the problems I have. I would say the biggest problem I have is my childhood. It was pretty rough, kind of confused childhood, which is like the life I'm living now.

When I was five years old, my parents dropped me off at my grandma's house one day, they said she was baby sitting me and that they'll pick me up in a few hours. But as the hours passed, the days passed, even the years passed and they didn't even come to get me.

My grandmother I loved her dearly, she tried to get in touch with my mother but they never answered, when I was fourteen my grandma past of old age, and I was put in an orphanage.

No, know one ever beat or abused me in the houses I got put in. I got adopted a few times but they all sent me back, I never talked, not a single word, after my grandma died. I was too devastated.

But the last home I lived in was when I was seventeen, and I had a 'brother' that was eighteen, he would always do little things to get me to talk, like make little deals with me, and he would tell me about his day, or he would take me places, we even went on a road trip together. He was my favorite person.

He was the first person I ever spoke a word too in three years. I actually really enjoyed that  home, my 'parents' where nice and loving. But after he went away to college I didn't see him that much, and I kind of broke down again.

I started getting curious about my real parents, so I started doing some research about them, and when I finally had an idea of where they were. I set off. I ran away from that house, without anyone knowing. Not even Zach, my 'brother'. But when I finally got close to finding them which led me all the way here, to California, I came to find that they died in a house fire.

I didn't know what to do after that, I didn't have a plan. I couldn't go back to Texas, where my adopted family were because they would ask questions and they wouldn't want me back.

So I stayed here in California and never looked back.

×

I woke up to the wind piercing my ears as it howled. I looked around at my surroundings, which was the waterfall, and I was laying on the big rock. I must have fell asleep. It looks like the sun is about to set, wow I've been here that long? I don't even know what time it is.

I jumped as I heard a branch snap from behind me, I looked and saw know one there more like anything. Probably just the wind.

Then I heard another one, then another. So I turned back around I squinted so I could get a better look.

My eyes adjusted as I saw a figure standing behind me.

Vote&comment
Word count: 1187

Who is standing behind her?

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've just been very confused on where this book is going.

But I hope y'all liked !!