"Not on my life," Sari muttered, poking her food with a chopstick, "I feel like this shit should still be swimming in that pond over there."

He grinned at her. "This is ridiculous. How do you kill something and then not cook it? Who comes up with that?"

"A waste." She picked up a small pice of sushi and held it between the chopsticks, "poor baby."

"I got a sauce to put in mine."

"Same. On three?"

Zayn used chopsticks to pick his sushi up. "One.."

"Two..."

"Three."

Both of them ate the sushi and Sari didn't really taste anything at first, until...until the meat was squishy and the sweet yet savory sauce that was on the raw fish kicked in. It made the sushi taste pretty okay but without it, it would probably be disgusting.

Zayn looked at the fish still on his chopstick with a blank expression. "Tastes...like raw fish."

"Basically," Sari agreed, "but like, the sauce is cool or whatever."

"Sushi was a once in a lifetime experience," Zayn grimaced finally and it was the most adorable thing, "and this was it."

"Can they cook this just a little more?" she wondered.

"Well, baby, it wouldn't be sushi then, would it?"

"Shut up."

SHMONEY

Zayn pulled up to the apartment complex and cut the engine off.

"You want my leftovers?"

"Hell no," she got out the car and so did he, following suit up the two flights of stairs and to her door, "let's not do sushi again."

"Yeah, I think I gotta shit," he made a face and rubbed his stomach. Sari rolled her brown eyes and leaned against the wall as they talked.

"Zayn, too personal for me, thanks."

"Just telling it like it is, babe," he shrugged. Sari really wanted to kiss him, and it was weird because he wasn't making any moves to do so.

"I mean, you always do," she giggled, crossing her ankles. Zayn held her hands in his and looked down at her clothes.

"Crop tops look great on you," he complimented truthfully, "pretty ya know, sexyyyyy."

"Thank you," she blushed, subconsciously stepping closer to him. She touched his beard, feeling how thick yet soft it was. "How your beard grows so fast I will never know. It's been a day."

"It's in my blood, literally," Zayn wrapped his arms around her waist and their foreheads touched, "Ms. Conrad?"

"Yes, Mr. Malik?"

"You will make me a happy brown man if you were to kiss me," he breathed, "and I'm so glad the sushi people gave us mints after the meal because I wouldn't want it any other way."

Sari hummed, her arms snaking around his neck. She was only a few inches shorter than him. "I'm glad, too."

"You had a good time?"

"Yeah," she was so weak in the knees from his voice and she really wanted him to hurry up with the questions so she could kiss him. Ugh. "It was fun roasting the waiters and shit."

"And shit," he kissed her nose and rocked them side to side. She played along, kissing his nose back. They kissed a lot of places on each other's face -- because Zayn played too much -- before their lips touched.

And when they did, she didn't want it to stop. Because really, she thought his slightly chapped lips would be a little rough -- although that wasn't a bad thing -- but they were so so soft. His mustache tickled her a little and she pulled at the nape of his neck as she deepened the kiss. His own hand gently pinched and held her muffin top because "I love me a woman I can hold on to."

Zayn's lips chased Sari's when they pulled away. Maybe three more times. Seven.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Zayn pulled away and she really wanted to kiss him again.

Sari nodded, not trusting her voice in the slightest. She knew it would sound like somebody's mouse friend.

"Okay," his smile was big, like the happiest man in the world big. He almost tripped over his own feet and she resisted the urge to giggle. "Pretend you didn't see that."

"See what?"

He cut his eye at her. "I knew there was a valid reason why I liked you, Conrad."

SHMONEY

babiesssssss

my main reason why I don't like jeans is this chapters. prolly one of the most relatable things I've ever written in my life

anyway, I rlly loved this chapter and I hope you did too❤️