Epilogue

The prison transport landed at the fueling depot. They still had a several star system journey to go before they reached Omega Max, a high security prison, to which they were transporting Slate.

Several of the guards got out, but a half dozen remained in the confines of the box to keep an eye on Slate.

After a few moments, several loud blaster shots were heard, accompanied by screams from the guards outside. 

Those inside, snapped to worried attention, aiming their rifles in several different directions. The box ship rocked as something was thrown against it, presumably a body.

A minute passed. Then another. One of the guards tried to radio those who had gotten out, but there was no reply. 

A young guard, scared for his life, glanced down at Slate, who was still fastened in his seat, smiling. It was a broad, evil smile. 

"What the hell is out there?" the guard yelled at Slate. 

"That," he replied slowly, "would be my backup."

A blue blast penetrated the roof and a silver hand grabbed a jagged edge of the metal and began pulling it back, as though opening the lid of a can. 

The guards opened fire and were picked off one by one by bolts of blue energy.

Through the hole in the roof, dropped a large metallic man. The upper body of his shining metal frame opened into dome of a glass like material. Inside the dome, and presumably the whole frame, was a blue energy that seemed to be pulsating; and inside of that, was the skeleton of a man.

"About time, Marmal." 

"Sorry," the armored warrior lifted his left arm which was shaped like a large cannon, "Impressive though, yes?" 

"It was, that I can't deny. Am I to assume that this means what I think it means?" 

"Yes. He is awake. And expecting you." 

Slate grinned again as Marmal began removing his restraints. At last, the pain and effort had paid off. He would have his revenge on Austrorth, bigger and better than even he could have imagined.