Chapter 2

For the next few days, every time Lauren tried to work her 'magic' on Camila, Austin showed up, and honestly, at this point, Lauren was getting pretty fed up.

"Austin, every time I try to talk to Camila you show up. Why the fuck is that?" Lauren asked in an annoyed tone after Austin interrupted her conversation for literally the twentieth time that week.

"Coincidentally, every time I wanna hang out with my girl, you're around." Austin replied innocently. Austin knew that Lauren could get any girl she wanted and he made it his job to make sure she didn't get Camila. Lauren glared at him for a second then turned to Camila.

"Anyway, Camz, I was wondering if you could tutor me in math." Lauren said, hoping that Camila would agree to it.

"Camz?" Austin asked confused.

"It's the nickname I gave her now shut the hell up." Lauren said, turning her attention back to Camila for an answer.

"Sure. Give me your address and I'll come over to your house after school at around 6." Camila smiled. Camila was getting tired of Austin interrupting their conversation, too. She felt the need to be around Lauren way more than she should've, and although she didn't really know why, she decided that she wasn't going to look too much into it.

"Okay, see you after school then." Lauren said before walking past Austin, purposefully bumping his shoulder.

"Hey!" He shoved her.

"Austin, leave her alone!" Camila scolded.

"But she pushed m-" Austin was interrupted.

"Drop it." Camila put her hand up and walked away, leaving Austin. Lauren smirked to herself and walked to class.

Every single time Lauren and Camila were in the same room, the staring both girls seemed to do an equal amount of was inevitable. Camila would get a little jealous when she spotted Lauren with other girls, and Lauren would get a little jealous at certain moments too, but they both just pushed it to the side, not even considering the possibility that they had feelings for each other.

"Ralph. Ralph!" Dinah yelled while waving her hand in front of Lauren's face to get her attention.

"What Dinah?" Lauren asked.

"Stop drooling over Mila and help me with my stuff." Dinah said, struggling to get all her books in her car.

"Have you seen that fucking girl? She's hot as hell." Lauren replied, looking at Camila.

"Maybe you should stop chasing her. Austin's never gonna let you two be alone together." Dinah stated.

"I will never stop chasing her," Lauren started. "And that's why I asked her to come over to my house to tutor me. Austin can't show up there." Lauren smirked.

"You've never chased a girl. I'm starting to think you have feelings for her and you're not just chasing her for your sexual needs." Dinah chuckled.

"Dinah Jane, you know I don't catch feelings. What the fuck are feelings anyway?" Lauren found it absolutely ridiculous that Dinah would even imply something like that. There's no way she has feelings for Camila.

"Yeah, whatever. I ship Camren though." Dinah stated.

"What the fuck is Camren?" Lauren asked confused.

"Lauren, plus Camila, equals Camren. Duh." Dinah laughed.

"That's stupid." Lauren said while getting into Dinah's car.

"You're gonna ship it eventually." Dinah mumbled so Lauren couldn't hear. Dinah started the car and drove away, going to Lauren's house to drop her off.

---------

"Alright, Lauser, bye." Dinah said as Lauren got out the car.

"I told you to stop calling me that," Lauren glared.

"I know you did, Lauser." Dinah said before speeding off.

"Bitch." Lauren mumbled to herself as she walked into her house.

"Hey, mija!" Lauren's mom, Clara, yelled from the kitchen. "Dinner will be ready soon."

"Okay, mom!" Lauren yelled before going up to her room. It was only 5:00 so Lauren still had an hour before Camila were to show up. Lauren dropped onto her bed and looked around her room. Her eyes landed on her guitar in the corner. She got up and grabbed it, placing the strap over her shoulder and sitting on the bed. She ended up just playing random notes until she was eventually called down for dinner.

After entering the dining room, Lauren greeted her family before beginning to eat. The Jauregui family sat and ate dinner while talking about their day like they usually did before the conversation was interrupted by the doorbell.

"I'll get it." Lauren got up and walked to the door, opening it.

"Hey, Camz, come in." Lauren stepped aside so the younger girl could enter.

"Lauren, mom wanted to know who's at the do-, who's this?" Chris asked while not so subtly checking Camila out. Lauren glared at the boy.

"No one you should be concerned about. Come on Camz." Lauren led Camila up to her room.

"Sorry about my brother checking you out like that." Lauren apologized.

"Lo, you've done way worse." Camila laughed. Lauren's cheeks grew hot and she looked away to hide her embarrassment. She had no idea that Camila caught her staring but she smirked at the fact that the brown-eyed girl didn't mind.

"Well, let's get to work." Camila said as she pulled out her books and took a seat on Lauren's bed with Lauren sitting down next to her. During the whole time that they were working, Lauren found it hard to focus. She frequently stole glances from Camila; watching her speak. For some reason, she liked the way Camila's lips moved and she really wanted to kiss her. After looking up at Camila again, Lauren found herself staring. The brown-eyed girl turned her head to Lauren's direction and immediately got lost in her eyes. Lauren looked from Camila's eyes to her lips and slowly started to lean in while Camila did the same. Before their lips could touch, the sound of glass shattering filled the house, causing both girls to quickly pull away.

"Fuck!" Chris yelled from the kitchen, right before Clara began scolding the boy for cursing and breaking one of her favorite dishes.

"Um...I think I should go." Camila said before getting up and leaving Lauren's room. Before she could walk out the door, she was stopped by Chris.

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked.

"Camila." She answered. She realized that Chris was just as attractive as Lauren. "Fucking Jauregui genes." She thought to herself.

"I'm Chris. Maybe we should hang out sometime." Chris smirked.

"Sure, but don't get any ideas, I have a boyfriend. Give me your phone." Camila smiled. After putting her number in Chris' phone, she said goodbye and left. When she got into her car, she sat there for a while to think. "I almost kissed Lauren...I can't like her though, can I? Absolutely not." She kept repeating to herself, hoping that if she said it enough, it'd become true, but she knew that wasn't how things worked. She did, undoubtedly, like Lauren.