The Darkened King

Start from the beginning

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

Jareth was going to kill her.

No, death would be to easy for the little minx, first he would destroy her perfect little world, than take her, then kill her.

No one, no one had ever dared to defy a Fae king like this since...NEVER.

Even Jareth's loved ones had known better than to be disobedient to him. He had the faint memory of frightening one of his female relations, though he could recall not face nor name, by simply glaring at her. The girl had fled in fright and had avoided him for well over a year.  

Everyone, every Fae, goblin, Pooka, banshee, ect. knew that the Goblin King was not one to cross. And, if they did, then they would not be in existence for a much longer amount of time. He was not one to be trifled with, he was not one a being broke a deal with, and yet she had. He should have known she would try something like this, that she of all people would find a way to break out of his kingdom. His mortal had never been one to play by rules, though neither was he. Still, he had reasons to break the rules.

Jareth was from a long line of powerful beings. His lineage was feared, honored, worshiped, and could do no wrong in the eyes of the law because they wrote the law. Yes, he had been the only one of his family, of his race, to ever be exiled, but he had a way to get back to the Fae world! He could return, triumphant, to his home.

He had found his dreamer, the girl that lived in a world of magic that was entirely her own, the girl who still believed, the girl who ate the peach and remembered everything, the girl who would show him the way back. Whether she liked it or not, Sarah was his, she was his salvation and prize. And what had she done?

Beaten him! Not once but twice!

It was almost laughable if the situation was not so serious. The Goblin King had to find a way to get her. He had to discover a way to make her find the path back to his forgotten kingdom and he needed a plan on how to trick her into the Fae world with him. Despite what she had done, he still wanted her by his side.

She had called him a liar and a cheat, had questioned him and befuddled him, she had stood her ground in wake of his anger, and she had broken a bargain with him. However, none of those things amounted to the fact that she had refused him. Nothing stung like the image of her sitting within the tree, he had never stopped watching, and accepting things that had not happened or had already come to be.

The meadow with the tree was a strange place for it was not truly in his kingdom. And yet it was not not in his kingdom. The tree belonged to all realms and could only be accessed when a being not from the world slept and sought the, soon to be, firewood out. Such as if one dreamed of it.

In a way, her body had been sleeping in Hedgewart's pathetic cot, if he could even call such a pitiful thing that, and her soul had been within the meadow. However, once she had found the Pooka's pool, he was uncertain how he had overlooked that little fact, Sarah had, somehow, known how to operate it and had formed a bridge between her world and his. When she focused on where she wished to be and when she had fallen through the pool's surface, her body had slid back into the world she had, at one time, called her own.

The Goblin King continued to send his power against the house like a wave bashing upon the shore. He could feel the tremors and weaknesses in her charms, the Goblin King could feel where his power broke through, and where the goblins appeared. He was insistent, never breaking, never pausing, never ending, and he waited with anticipation for the moment her spells fell. He knew that, in the end, her meager charms, truly laughable, would fall. They would fall and he would be allowed to enter the stage. It would be interesting, to meet the parents who had been responsible for raising such a heart broken and sad teenage girl. The perfect kind of girl who called upon him.

In a way, Jareth truly should thank Sarah's step-mother and father. They had, after all, been the ones who made her babysit. If they had not...well one could not truly say. Would Sarah have been happier? Or would she have found another way to call on him? The Goblin King felt that she would have found some other way into his attention and kingdom. It was, after all, where she belonged. Even if she had refused what he had so generously offered.

No one, immortal or mortal alike, had ever refused him. But, just perhaps, that was what part of her appeal was. She was naive, sharp minded and sharped tongued, clever, had grown to become rather beautiful, and Sarah Williams was nothing if she was not elusive. The entire time she seemed to always be one step ahead of him, always a play ahead of his turn, and she persisted in slipping through his fingers. He could not catch her, though in the end she would be his.

After all, Jareth mused, the third time was the charm and he was determined.