Thirteen

Thirteen

The cloud mass still loomed over the field as the melee began, small patches of golden light shone down. The clouds seemed to sit in layers of various shades of grey. Ranging from the lightest of grey that was nearly white far off to the north and directly above the darkest of grey that was almost black in colour.

The rules were simple fight as if you were fighting tothe death, only when your opponent goes to strike you; yield. As the trumpets sounded men bounded forward towards each other wielding weapons varying from broad swords to chains and iron maces. Immediately men were upon them from both sides. Axel, clearly itchy for a fight, had already fought through three men before El could even get her sword in. This was half as hard as she'd imagined El thought. Men were seeming to yield much more easily than she'd expected. They were fighting men El didn't recognise and bore the banners of minor southern houses she didn't know.

Elonar felt the rush inside her like the whiz of her blade slicing through the air surging through her. Her blade less of a pice of metal in her hand and more a metal extension to her arm. Robertt and several of the other northerners yielded to a large group of Tarly men onmy five minutes into the fight. El, Axel and Dacey began to fight their way through the various teams in their path. Until after merely half an hour of so when there would have been only 5 men remaining, Among them was Garlan, Lorrent Caswell, Ser Tanton Fossoway, Ser Francas Ambrose, and Robert Chester. This was what El was praying for, to fight the men Garlan had wanted her to impress. The way Ser Tanton was looking at he would be enough for Elonar to slit his throat right this second, ordinarily. But no, she would do this calmly and have that bloody smug bastard yield on his knees before her.

The final fight began by Axel simply throwing himself into the small crowd towards Garlan. Clearly this was something Axel had been longing to do , but Ser Francas' blade stopped him from reaching Garlan. Axel shoved him aside and faced Garlan straight on, for a split second neither moved. Both eyeing up probably kit inch each other but also the irony of this moment before their fight commenced. Dacey immediately engaged in combat with Ser Tanton and Ser Francas while Elonar was left to fight Lord Caswell and Robert Chester.

El, Dacey and Axel were outnumbered by only two, so their odds weren't terrible. Considering Lord Caswell clearly was a man made for politics not the battle field and yielded to El in a matter of seconds after beginning to fight her, bloody snide, snivelling little bastard.In fact her blade did not even touch him before he'd yielded. Robert Chester however was somewhat more of challenge than Lord Caswell, the young Lord clearly had much more experience than Caswell when it came to swords.
El had him yielding to her. Mostly In exhaustion, given El's strategy to simple ware out her opponent by bounding around them as well as her calculated motions allowing her to seize her opponent constantly. And Robert Chester was a good swordsman, probably better than El. But luckily for El she'd had the protection of axel and Dacey in the early minutes of the fight, meaning she simpler hadn't been fighting as long as Lord Chester.

She then faced Ser Francas Ambrose then after Dacey had yielded. El then turned to Ser Francas and raised her sword to meet his. Their blades clashed together and El most definitely wasn't as strong as he was. So her only option now their swords were crossed this way, for her to throw him off and go under his blade. With all of her might, Elonar Stark tried just that. She pushed Ser Francas' blade aside from hers but he was just as quick as her, and his arms were longer than hers. With his blade suddenly at her throat and hers inches away from his, she yielded and her attention was draw back to Garlan and Axel.

Behind Ser Francas neither Axel or Garlan had yielded, nor would they El feared. There was something changed about their fighting, Evidently this was more serious now. Despite the fact Axel was at a disadvantage given his arm, he seemed to be taking Garlan off guard with the severity of his blows.