Chapter 72: Captivity

Start from the beginning

"I really have no say in this...I really can't do anything to save myself...I'm just going to be forced to stay here, day after day after day...like a rotting animal that you torture for entertainment...I'll live here where you can do whatever you want with me and in the end I'm not going to be able to fight back, am I? I'll be your damn toy that can't do anything to retaliate...I won't be able to stop it either...I'll live under constant fear while I hate every second that I breathe...what kind of life is this...?" The girl felt her body becoming fatigued after her panicked state, and as her muscles began relaxing her mind dotted with darkness. As her consciousness began slipping away along with her torments, her vision gradually darkened to leave her existing only in a land of shadows.

Alex gently held the female's limp body as her exhausted and tormented state entered slumber. The boy pressed her body close to his in a protective embrace and as he relished in the moment of the girl's safety, he heard footsteps approaching them. The male shot a scathing look towards the person that was enclosing, and held the female tighter in his arms, refusing to allow the individual to touch her. "Stay. There." His harsh and demanding tone forced Bako to halt and gaze at the unconscious girl with regretful eyes as he was unsure to feel at ease or under great concern.

"Is she...alright?" The azure male glanced around at the stunned boys as they tried wrapping their heads around the situation themselves.

"...Her body just shut down...most likely due to the stress and tension it was being put through...she'll be fine." Kaito took off his glasses to rub his face in an attempt to refresh himself as a flood of relief showered him at the prospect of the girl staying safe.

Alex rested his head against the girl's shoulder, hands trembling around her limp frame, fearful she would disappear from his grasp if he were to let go. His nerves began to settle as he inhaled the female's soothing scent and simmered him down up until another individual stepped forward.

Kaito entered a stare down with the animal lover, and neither exchanged words for a long while as either side awaited for the other to speak. "Alex...we need to take (Y/n) upstairs where she can rest-"

"No! None of you will touch her! She stays with me!" His shouts were exigent and unwavering as he gripped the female closer to his body, mindful over any action that could take her away from him. Kaito exhaled in frustration and gave a stern glare towards the alert boy.

"So be it, but we need to take her to her room where she can rest. You can do the honours if it will make the entire procedure go quicker." Alex glared at the male for a long while before shifting his attention back to the dormant girl as he picked her up to carry her towards the stairs. He exchanged malevolent glares with Jin as they passed each other, and proceeded to move up to the second floor.

As (Y/n) lay on the bed with a furrowed brow to accentuate her distress even in the dream world, she was surrounded by the males that refused to let her out of their sights. Alex kept his focus on the people around him, while maintaining protective peripheral vision to the female. He sat beside her bed and held onto the girl's hand under the delusion her breath would cease if she were left unattended.

'(Y/n)...why would you try to leave me? Do I have to protect you from yourself as well...? Why are you making it so difficult for me to keep my promise...?' Alex clasped into the girl's palms with his uninsured one, and cherished in the warmth that emanated from her skin, giving him comfort that her heart was still beating.

Kaito sighed, his mind remaining blank and devoid of any ideas that would nullify the escalated situation as he calculated the probability of (Y/n) forgetting and dismissing the events, close to impossible.

Jin stared at the unconscious girl with a sorrowful expression before tensing up in concerned anxiety. "What...what will happen now...she'll try again, won't she? She'll try to kill herself again. When we're not looking, she'll try to do it again! She'll leave us. She'll be gone and won't come back...! My precious (Y/n) won't be..." As each word felt like thorns pricking against the subconsciousness of the group, they gazed at the female with pitying looks, contemplating over her words and torments.