Chapter 48: Quality Time

October, 3rd Saturday

There was a gentle, ticklish caressing sensation trailing the girl's sleeping status. As each stroke became more and more irritant against her skin, (Y/n) began to stir from her unconscious state, and forced her heavy lids open to see what was causing her disturbance. When her brain was at a lucid enough condition to take in new information, she focused her gaze forward to meet the dark, coal eyes of the musician. "Morning, my muse. Sorry if I woke you up, I jut couldn't wait to get started." He gave her a bright smile filled with delight, while she was still processing her situation.

"Wha-?!" The girl jumped back and scuttled to the edge of the bed as she comprehended the closeness the male had positioned himself to her. She was rendered speechless at the unexpected action and took notice of the object -she concluded to be the tickling sensation- in his hand. "W-what?" The female breathlessly flicked her gaze from him to spectating the room, in case of any signs of other intruders.

"My apologies if I scared you, (Y/n). I was just growing so impatient over waiting for you to wake up." He faultlessly smiled at the surprised girl handing her the bloom he had been holding, receiving a quizzical stare from the female. "It's a dahlia flower. I couldn't quite find anything to match your beauty but I felt like this would be a complimentary sentiment." (Y/n) hesitantly took the flower and examined each intricate petal swirling into a beautiful dress for the stem.

'Is this what was stroking me?' She scratched the itching sensation on her cheek and stared at the jubilant boy before her.

"I've brought breakfast! Here, I made sure to cook it just right for my muse." He handed her a tray filled with perfectly cooked and buttered salmon and marinated potatoes with a chocolate roll for desert. She was taken aback by all of the unexpected circumstances thrown at her so early in the morning and tried to clear her head so she could start with a blank slate.

"Ren I don't want any of this..." The boy's grin falter at the comment.

"If you don't like this, I'll cook you something else. Just tell me and I'll-"

"No Ren. I don't want anything you give me. Take it back." She placed the flower back on the tray and turned away from him, awaiting for his leave.

The boy lowered his head, holding back on the disappointment and hurt he received from her words and placed the tray on the nightstand. He swallowed his disheartened emotions and glanced back at the girl with his known smile. "Alright, we'll get something to eat later. Come on, I want to have you near me as I perform." He grabbed the girl's hand but didn't pull her further than the bed, before she fought against his grip.

"W-what are you doing?! Let me go!" She tore her wrist from his hold, apprehensively backing away from the boy. "What's going on?!"

Ren gave her a puzzling look before realisation seeped in, "Did...Kaito not tell you what was going to happen?" (Y/n) backed up at the inquiry, shaking her head in a negative answer. "Oh, well this makes it a bit harder for me." Ren massaged the back of his neck, carefully wording his explanation in his head. "Well, you see Kaito assigned 3 of us to spend the day with you, so we have a limit to how long you're meant to be around us. At least for today." (Y/n) gave him a bewildered glare.

"I never agreed to this! I'm not doing anything with you guys. I want you to leave me alone." Ren heaved a sigh at her uncooperative behaviour.

"(Y/n), please understand. We don't want to step on each other's toes like this, and if you're good, Kaito might treat you a bit more leniently. So don't do this to yourself." The girl scowled at him, trying to suppress her rage and shook her head in refusal.