Chapter 74: Leadings

Kaito hammered down his fist against his flimsy desk, causing it to slightly creak at the impact. The male glared down at nothingness as his temper began itching against his pride when he continued recalling the girl's attitude towards him.

"What the hell is wrong with me?! Why do I continue wasting my efforts and sacrificing my dignity just to receive this stupid girl's affection?!" His temper soon fatigued the boy, making him slide to the ground as his grip tightly held against his desk to relieve some of his tense nerves. "She's...she's nothing! She's below me! She's just another number in the population! If she doesn't accept me then that's her loss! Why should I waste my time and energy on someone who is as significant as the average fool on the street?!" However, as his mind began simmering down from its humiliated perception, he began feeling the shame and guilt of his bitter words as his teeth grinder against each other in regretful castigation. "Then why does it hurt?"

The male heard a small knock on his door and quickly gathered his senses before requesting for the person to enter, revealing opened to reveal a blond individual. "I heard you shouting. Is everything alright?" Kaito brushed his disheveled hair back before dismissively waving the male off.

"I'm quite fine, thank you. You can leave now." However, Ryo seemed reluctant to depart from the boy.

"What's bothering you? You've been on edge for the whole day." He entered the room fully, to join the intellectual as he sat at his desk.

"It's nothing to concern yourself with. The girl is just starting to get on my last nerves with her antics." Ryo approached him and stood by his side, watching the thoughtful boy.

"Well, it's expected. You need to understand (Y/n) isn't going to embrace these circumstances with open arms." Ryo viewed the annoyed boy entering a lamenting train of thought. He gave the intellectual a pitying look as his empathy managed to catch on to his heart. "...Hey, how about instead of you pushing her, I'll go and speak to (Y/n) and try to bring us on the same level." Kaito came out of his distracted state to focus on the smiling male. "I'll try and thrown in a good word for you and hopefully help (Y/n) relax after what happened today."

Kaito held a calculating look towards the male's offer of assistance as he thought over the cheerful boy's gain. "Why would you do that? What help would it be to you if she switched her attitude towards me?"

Ryo casually shrugged and gave him a reassuring grin. "You're my best friend." The intellectual's fingers flinched as he fully registered the excuse and switched his gaze away from the cheered boy. "And I want my angel and my best friend to get along...in any case, I want you guys to be happy." The boy patted the thoughtful individual on his shoulder before leaving the room with an optimistic spark in his eyes.

Long after he was gone, Kaito kept his gaze at the door as though looking back on the departed blond. "Fools all around me..."

Jin paced around the living room, unsettled by manny worries over the girl on the floor above. He paused amidst his uneasy strides to lightly knock himself on the head in a scolding manner. "I made (Y/n) angry again..."

His gaze drifted to the ground, only to be caught by surprise from the creature that was trotting its way up to the contemplative male. Jin knelt down to beacon the large dog as it held a large and winding object in its mouth. The brunet yanked the item out of the animal's hold and sighed as he inspected the candle holder that the dog had brought to him.

"Oberon why do you keep bringing me stuff, you need to be looking after (Y/n)?" The dog groaned in dismissal and began transferring away to the second floor where he had come from. Jin sighed and was forced to ascend the stairs in order to place the abducted object back in its place. Nearing the small table that sat in the corridor, his attention directed itself to the room just a few feet away from him where the person that haunted his mind was situated. He quickly placed the scattered and broken candles that the dog had distributed amidst his scavenge for an item to bring, before trying desperately distract himself away from the room just a few meters near from him.