Chapter 39: To Hide

"That could have gone better." Ryo roughly opened the fridge door and emerged with a chilled can of a light beverage.

"Don't drink that, you'll get hooked again." Kaito scolded his friend, though made no attempt at stopping him. He ignored the teal-eyed boy's warning and proceeded to drink from the can.

"We can't just keep her here, people will start looking for her." Bako had been nervously tapping his foot against his chair, trying to keep the small bit of composure left in him.

"Calm down, I'll make sure she stays quiet and obedient about this. She values her friendships too much to test our skills. And for good reason." The males each directed their gazes towards the intellectual. "She's not going to risk it."

(Y/n) scanned the entire room for any sign of escape, but depressingly slumped after no indications of a way out. The only thing coming close to reuniting with the outside world were the two windows in the room, though after closer inspection, the height of the second floor seemed to risky, especially when there was conreat at the bottom of the drop. She began hitting the back of her head against the wall in hopes of knocking some ideas around, but stopped her attempts when she heard the door unlocking. She expected to see the group of males that were holding her against her will, but only Kaito entered the room. "How are you getting accustomed?" The female had to restrain herself from punching the smugly smirking male's face.

But she opted on ignoring his comment and rejecting his presence. The lacking reaction caused the boy to inwardly growl and tusk at her stubborn behaviour. (Y/n) was surprised when she saw the boy tossing a rectangular device her way and she reflexively caught it. After a quick glance at the object, the girl realised she was now holding a working mobile phone in her hand. For the first few seconds she darted her puzzled glances from the phone to the grinning boy, confused at what he was proposing. "What...?"

"Go on. Call someone." For a moment, the girl dared not speak and simply took in the daring command insisted upon her. She suspiciously flicked her attention from the device to her captive once again, and brought her brows together in a confused expression. Kaito saw this bit of hesitance and decided upon playing with the dumbfounded girl. "What's wrong? You want to get out right? And we're certainly not going to let that happen for a while. Why don't you call for some assistance?"

(Y/n) felt a gut wrenching sensation at his provoking questions and for a moment considered taking his underhanded advice until dubiety took over. "Why did you give me this?"

Kaito innocently shrugged at the question, acting as though it were a mundane action. "I just want to see the expression on your face when you don't get the outcome you so desperately desired." This left the female with further inquires and gave him a stern look of annoyance and disturbance. "Let me just ask you this. If you were to call the police, how do you think it's going to go down?"

(Y/n) tried to scrutinise the undertone of his inference, "I'll tell them that you kept me here against my will. And about the things that you did to me and my friends." Despite her assurance with her answer, there was an instinctual feeling crawling under her skin, indicating that retort was incorrect.

The boy chuckled at her predictable answer and took a step closer, asserting his dominance of the situation. "Then let me give you this scenario: A girl that had calm access to contact the police calls up and states that she is being held captive. They arrive at the scene and they find a respectable group of wealthy and well-educated young men minding their own business with a panicked girl claiming quite peculiar things -which, by the way, has no proof of.-" When Kaito began to see the burning hope that the female previously had diminishing, a smirk spread to his lips. "You know, there are more perks of being well respected and higher classed than just 'being rich.' Then let me face you with another issue. Do you think the police would truly hold weight to the words of an average, teenage, unimportant girl such as yourself? Especially when you have no concrete evidence that we had done anything. For all they know, you could be claiming fabrications for attention or just to gain some sort of compromise from us." (Y/n) lowered the phone to her side and began to shake uncontrollably at his confident words. The boy took this chance to lean close to her face and examine the defeated expression on the poor female, "This is a small town (Y/n). There is surely quite the bias system over prioritising people like us over a commoner like you."