Chapter Three

~O~

A soothing fragrance tickled her nose once they arrived at the place. Thea could clearly see the name of the shop beautifully carved in white marble and embedded just above the entrance. It was located  several blocks from the Forrester Group of Companies tower.

Lasting Impressions occupied a five-storey building with the second and third floors reserved for exhibits. With more than a hundred employees, the company was renowned for its world-class flower arrangements and designs, as well as for meticulous exports and imports of flowers around the globe. Because of it, the business have earned high praises from wedding magazines.

Kyle walked them to the door and entered. Thea glanced around the lobby and saw the busy employees chatting with each other. Others were holding a pile of documents, while some were having conversations with clients. The soothing fragrance came from the roses being lined up in one corner.

"Those flowers will be delivered for a wedding today." Nyssa told Thea, pointing a finger to the roses.

Nyssa gave her a brief description of how things should be managed on a daily basis, especially when her mother was not around. Thea nodded and listened attentively to every word she was saying. In the middle of their discussion, a Chinese-looking woman approached them. She greeted Nyssa and Kyle with a warm smile. Her attention immediately turned to Thea.

"Is she going to be my replacement?" she asked.

"Ah, yes. That is if Mom will accept her application." Nyssa said. "Thea, this is Maylin Chen. She is currently my mom's personal assistant, but starting next week, she will be assigned to Greenwood Foundation as an Accounting Officer. May, this is Thea Wynters."

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Wynters." Maylin held out her hand to Thea and they shook hands.

"Where's Mom?" Nyssa asked her.

"She is just on the phone talking to an international client, and will be here shortly." Maylin replied.

"Great. We'll go to the second floor. Tell her to meet us there." Nyssa led the way to the stairs up to the second floor. She explained to Thea how the exbihits were being scheduled. Kyle rolled the curtains of the windows to the side and the place became more brighter.

"You have to remember that my mom is very particular with time. So, when an exhibit is scheduled, there should be no delays, especially for international clients."

"Okay. I'll keep that in mind." Thea said, taking notes on her small planner.

A woman suddenly stepped in and greeted Kyle. Her sweet voice echoed in the entire floor, and both Nyssa and Thea turned to face her.

"Who do we have here?" she asked with a gentle tone.

"Nana!" Nyssa gave her a tight embrace and a light kiss on the cheek.

"Today is a busy day, it's a bit exhausting." The woman returned the embrace and sighed. "Good thing I still have time to meet an applicant."

She gazed at Thea, who stared back at her in awe. The woman gave her a bright smile and returned her attention to Nyssa.

"Thea, I want you to meet Meryll Forrester. My mother and owner of Lasting Impressions." Nyssa introduced her.

Wait, what?! That's your mother! Thea almost shouted in her head.

Nyssa let out a chuckle. "Mom, this is Thea Wynters. I guess I'll leave her to you now."

"Not a problem. Thea, let's go to my office." Meryll gestured her to the door.