Grand Avenue: Part 2

The next morning, Dinah made her way into her kitchen and found Lauren sitting on the counter, Nutella and spoon in hand.

"How you doing, Lauser?" She leans against the counter that is across from Lauren and runs a hand through her tangled hair.

"Okay, I guess. I wish she would have just broken up with me instead of cheating though."

"I'm going to kick her ass next time I see her."

Lauren giggles before hopping down from the counter and padding over to the sink. "Don't, I'd rather just forget about her. The less drama there is, the better my life will be."

Dinah pouts and Lauren gives her a stern look. "Dmac, I'm serious, you've all done enough already... So you and Normani, huh?" the Latina quickly changes the subject, not wanting to talk about her now ex-girlfriend first thing in the morning.

"About a month ago," she pauses, "We've been avoiding titles though. I haven't even taken her out on a real date yet."

"Hold up, a whole month! Why didn't you tell me?" Lauren asks incredulously with wide eyes.

"Never came up I guess, sorry." Dinah chuckles and ruffles Lauren's hair.

"Tell me next time something happens!"

"No promises, Laur." Dinah kisses Lauren's cheek before walking back to the living room where the other three are still sound asleep.

======

"We're leaving now Lauren, don't destroy the place!" Dinah yells as she walks to the door of the bar a few days later. She was leaving Lauren and Liam in charge for the night while she took Normani out on their official first date. Was she nervous? Beyond. She wanted to impress the model and show her a whole new side of the place in which she had been living.

"Later DJ, use protection!" Lauren laughed as the Polynesian girl flipped her off as she went out the door.

Once outside, Normani puts a hand on the other girl's shoulder. "Just where are we going, Hansen?"

"I'm taking my girl out on a date." Dinah bluntly replies with a fond smile spread across her face, and it only grows as she sees a similar one spread across Normani's face.

"Your girl, eh?" She coos as she cups the girl's cheeks.

Dinah chuckles as she tilts her downwards. "Hmm, I thought you knew." She mumbles against the shorter girl's plump lips before pressing their lips together in a tender kiss.

Normani pulls away and takes a step back. "So you're taking me out? Now?"

"You ask way too many questions, just let it happen." Dinah walks out onto the side of the street and hails a cab.

"Have you ever seen Times Square at night?" (Times Square irl is just.... no)

"I've never even been to Manhattan, let alone outside of Queens as long as I've been here."

"Are you serious? That's where everything is- major stores, restaurants, and not to mention Broadway and the Rockefeller Center," Dinah pauses as she gives the cab driver an address. "Granted its crowded, it's still an amazing place this time of year."

"And what's so good about this time of year?"

"You'll see, just wait."

"Whatever you say Hansen, whatever you say." Normani rests her head against the cold glass window and watches as decorative lights flash by her. A smile crept upon her face as she feels Dinah cuddle up to her side and press a kiss to the top of her head. This is what she had been waiting for for so long, she found happiness in being with Dinah, something she hadn't felt in so long due to certain people and events in her young life.