A Needed Vacation

Alex's POV:

~ Time Jump - Three Weeks Later ~

Alan and I went to Zander's sister's funeral about three weeks ago, and everything seemed to go back to normal. Damon contacted us and said he was spending a year in Ireland. He said he needed time to accept his sister's passing, which we were all accepting of. "Alex, can we talk?" Alan asked as he walked into the kitchen. I was washing the dishes in the sink, but I stopped and turned around. "Yeah, what's up?" I said as I dried my hands. "I have to go back to London soon, and I know how much you miss me when I'm away." Alan said. "It's fine. I'll have Zander to keep my mind occupied." I said with a smile. I figured he would have to leave sooner or later, but I hoped he could have stayed longer. "I was actually wondering if the both of you would like to come with me." He said with a big goofy grin on his face. "What? Are you serious?" I asked smiling. "Yeah, It'll be great. The both of you deserve a vacation anyway." He said as he pulled me closer to him. "Let me text Zander and see if he's up to a European vacation." I said with a slight laugh. "I hope he is; It'll help him get his mind off his sister more." He said as he gave me a hug. "I know." I replied as I snuggled closer to him. I absolutely loved Alan's hugs; that's why I try and convince him into cuddling with me at night. He doesn't seem to mind, and I'm glad. We pulled away from each other and I decided to text Zander before I finished the dishes.

Me: Hey, would you like to go to London with Alan and I?

Zander: I would love to. I need something to get me away from this place for a while.

Me: Good, I'll let him know you said yes. We should call into work and ask for some vacation time.

Zander: I'm sure they'd give it to us, especially since they got some new employees.

Me: Yeah, and neither of us have asked for vacation time....ever. lol.

Zander: True. Lol. I'll text you back after I run this by my parents and call into work.

Me: Okay. Ttyl.

"Well, what did he say?" Alan asked curiously. "He said he would love to go." I replied. "You better call your boss and ask for some time off." He said. "I know, that's what Zander said." I replied. "Tell him we'll leave on Monday, just because that's the best time to start a vacation." He said with a slight laugh. "Okay, I will." I said with a smile. Alan helped me with the dishes, and I called my boss. He was completely fine with it, but he told me to pick him up some souvenirs. I told Zander that we were leaving on Monday, and he said his parents were fine with it. I was so glad they let him come along with us. I guess they figured he needed to get away for a bit. I went upstairs to my room and started packing some of my things. Alan and I spent the rest of the day just relaxing and watching movies. I loved having him here with me; it beats being home alone.

~ Time Jump - Vacation Day ~

"Wake up Alex, it's time to go." I heard Alan whisper in my ear. "Just five more minutes." I groaned as I turned in bed. "No, we gotta go. We gotta pick up Zander and get to the airport." He said. "Fine." I said as I got out of bed. He chuckled at how slowly I walked towards my bathroom. "I'll take your bags downstairs and put them in the car." He said. I took a bath last night, so I didn't have to take a shower or anything. I just got ready for the day and made sure I wasn't forgetting anything before I headed downstairs. "Are you ready sleepy head?" He chuckled adorably as he pulled into a cozy hug. "Yeah." I said sleepily. I locked up the house and got into his car. Zander looked like a zombie as well when we picked him up. "This is worse than working the morning shift after you've worked the closing shift." He said after a long while of silence. "It'll all be worth it you two. I've got a surprise for you when we get to London anyway; I'm sure it'll cheer you up." Alan said with a smile on his face. I couldn't believe he was so awake; I'm sure my mind was still laying on my pillow at home. I decided to listen to some violin music during the drive, and some during the flight. I'm into rock music, but I also like classic and opera music as well. Zander thought it was strange, but Alan thought it was pretty cool. Not many young people like classical music let alone opera music. I almost thought Zander had fallen asleep, until he spoke up. "Can we get some breakfast at one of the airport restaurants?" Zander asked as we pulled up to the airport. "Yeah, but I think all they have is a McDonald's." I replied. "That's fine with me. It's better than nothing." Zander said. "How can you two put that garbage into your bodies?" Alan asked with an amused look on his face. "You're forgetting we're American dear." I said, patting his shoulder. Alan and Zander laughed at my comment, and it made me smile. We got our things out of the vehicle and headed towards the airport. After we went through the motions we finally made it to McDonald's. Alan got a coffee; I figured he was gonna get something on the plane. I just couldn't wait that long, my stomach sounded like Godzilla. I got two bacon egg and cheese biscuits and a large caramel ice coffee. Zander got three sausage biscuits and two hash browns along with a large hazelnut ice coffee. "You know who you two remind me of?" Alan asked as we ate our food. "Who?" Zander asked curiously. "Pippin and Merrin from The Lord of the Rings." He said, which made Zander and I laugh. "What? Because of the way we eat?" Zander asked curiously. "Yeah, it's quite amusing." Alan replied smiling. Once we finished eating we got onto the plane; I was glad we were early....and we got first class. This was my very first time flying, and I hoped nothing bad happened. All three of us sat beside each other. I ended up getting the window seat, just because I wanted to see the sunrise. Alan sat next to me, and Zander got the outside seat. "We better get settled in. We're in for a long flight." Alan said. I waited until the plane took off before I put my headphones on and started listening to music. I couldn't wait until we made it to England. I had a feeling this was going to be a very memorable vacation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry for the slightly boring chapter, but I hope you all enjoyed it. :)

Remember to vote, comment, share, etc.