You've Been Gone Too Long

Alex's POV:

~ Time Jump - Six Months Later ~

Alan ended up having to go back to England. It's been a pretty long six months, but he has been calling me every other day. He just checks up on me, and makes sure I'm okay. He's probably the sweetest person I've ever met, and I'm not exaggerating. I just wished we had time to get to know one another before he had to go. Zander and I have become really good friends these past few months, and I'm very grateful for that. He's been helping me get my mind off of Alan and the shit Rachel has been pulling. She was making threatening phone calls, and it was making me so stressed out. Zander and I went to the police station and got a restraining order against her. She ended up getting arrested for drug possession about...three weeks ago, which is good. At least I know where she is; in a prison cell. Today was Zander's birthday, and I was so excited to give him the birthday present I got him. I got him some cool new band t-shirts and a few necklaces. I checked the time and saw it was time for me to meet his family at the local diner. Roger's is Zander's favorite burger joint, and It was my favorite also. I made my way to the diner and found that everyone was already there, which confused me. "Alex, I didn't think you were coming. What took you so long?" He asked as he gave me a hug. "Because I told her the wrong time." His oldest sister, Cameron said. "Why would you do that?" Zander's mother asked with a confused look on her face. "Because I don't like her! She's taking Zander away from us mom, can't you see it!" She said loudly. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You've been acting strange ever since you started dating that Gary guy." Zander's brother, Damon said. "There's nothing wrong with me!" She said. "Sit down, your making a scene." Zander's dad said. "Whatever, I'm leaving." She said before she stormed out of the restaurant. "That was...odd." I said. You could feel the awkward tension. "Don't mind her Alex, come and sit with us." Damon said, as he patted the space beside him. I sat down between Damon and Zander. "We're so sorry you had to see that. Cameron is going through some drug treatment, and she's a little.....crazy." Zander's mom said. "It's alright. Hey, here's your presents." I said as I handed the black and red bag to Zander. "Thanks." He said with a smile. Once he opened the bag he gave me a hug hug, which made me smile. We got something to eat and talked about various different things. This was like the family I never got to have. "Guess where I'm going next month." Damon said with a smile on his face. He looked about like Zander, except he was taller and had blue eyes insisted of green. "Where?" I asked curiously. "Ireland." He replied. "No way!" I said, feeling jealous. I've always wanted to travel, but I never have enough money. I have to pay my bills and buy food before anything else, which is quite sad. "Yes, and I'll be sending all of you postcards. I'll bring back some souvenirs as well for you guys." He said with a smile. "We'll miss you when you're gone. I just hope you have fun and stay safe." Their father said. "I will pops, don't worry." Damon said with a smile. "Well, it's getting late. We should be getting home." Their mom said. "It was nice seeing all of you." I said as we got up and paid for the food. "It was nice seeing you too Alex." Damon said as he gave me a hug. "Thanks for coming and getting me those shirts and stuff." Zander said with a smile. "You're welcome." I said with a smile. Zander gave me a hug. "Hey, you should come over for the barbeque we're having next weekend. It'll be fun." Their dad said as we walked to our cars. "Sure, it sounds like fun." I replied. "Alright, see you there then." He replied. "See you at work on Monday!" Zander said. I waved buy to then and got into my own car. I headed home and saw a vehicle parked in my driveway, which confused me. My mind instantly went to Rachel, but what I found sitting on my porch steps surprised me. "Alan!" I said as I attacked him with a hug. "Hey, I see you've missed me." He chuckled. "I have...so much." I replied taking in his sent. "Where have you been?" He asked curiously. "Zander's twentieth birthday party." I replied. "Oh." He replied as we stood up. We headed inside and I made us some tea. With Alan back, I knew everything would seem a lot brighter.

+++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: I hope you enjoy. Sorry for it being short...again. I think I might take a break from this story. I have a wonderful idea for a Severus Snape fanfiction. Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :)