Festivals and Tragedies

Alex's POV:

"Get up, let's go to the fall festival!" I said as I walked into Alan's bedroom. "Just give me five more minutes." He groaned, which I found adorable. "Come on." I said with a laugh. I climb onto the bed and pulled the cover off of his head. He opened his eyes and a mischievous grin spread across his face. He tackled me and started tickling me. "Stop!" I said through a fit of giggles. "No, you woke me up. You deserve to be punished!" He said laughing. His laugh is one of the most heavenly sounds anyone is capable of hearing. When he finally stopped tickling me he pulled me on top of him and held me close. "Is Zander coming with us?" He asked after we both got our breath from laughing so much. "Yeah, he said he'd met is there." I replied as I snuggled into him. "I guess I should get up." He said. "No, I'm all comfy now." I said, which made him smile and laugh. "Why is it that you're always comfy when your in my arms?" He asked with warmth in his eyes. "Because you cuddly." I said. He let out a rich chuckle and moved me off of him. "Let me take a shower and get changed. I'll be down for breakfast in a little while." He said. "We're eating breakfast at the festival. They make the best ham egg and chess sandwiches." I said. "That's fine with me. See ya downstairs then Alice." He said with a wink. "See ya Absalom." I said with a giggle. I made my way downstairs, and I couldn't help the smile on my face. I loved the cute nicknames we used every once in a while. For some reason it made me know he really cared about me. After a while I heard footsteps coming downstairs, and I figured Alan was ready to go. "Alright, let's go." He said. He was wearing an jacket over a plane gray t-shirt. I was wearing my Michael Myers hoodie over a plane black t-shirt. It was gonna be a pretty chilly day, and I made sure I wasn't going to get too cold. Alan and I took my car to the festival, and we waited for Zander. He parked beside of us and when he got out he gave me a hug; he and Alan shook hands. "Let's go get some breakfast." I said as we walked towards the entrance gate. "Alex and I always get breakfast here at the festival. I hope you don't mind, we like to keep tradition." Zander said as we paid the five dollar entry fee. "It's fine, I'm kinda excited to see what this festival is all about. Alex hasn't been able to stop talking about it." Alan said with a slight laugh. "She loves fall time. Wait until she starts decorating for Halloween, she goes all out." Zander said smiling. "I can't wait." Alan said sincerely. We got our breakfast and looked around at the crafts for a while. Zander and I were looking at some of the jewelry while Alan talked to the vendor. "He's a keeper Alex." Zander said in a hushed tone. "He's a great guy, and a great friend." I said with a smile. "Come on, you know what I mean. It's so obvious that you two love each other; I've seen the way you both look at each other." He said. "Zander, Alan is never going to feel that way about me." I said. "Whatever you say, but I mean it Alex. He likes you, weather you like to admit it or not." He replied. "Alex, close your eyes." Alan said as he walked up to us. "Why?" I asked curiously. "Just do it." He said with big grin on his face. "Fine." I said with a laugh. I suddenly felt something cold around my neck, and I was sure it was a necklace. "Okay, open them." He said. I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful celtic necklace around my neck (the one in the picture above). "Alan, it's beautiful. You didn't have to get this for me." I said with a smile. "I wanted to." He said with a loving look in his eyes. I'm pretty sure I was blushing from the look in his eyes. Zander nudged me, and gave me a 'See, I told you so' look. Suddenly Zander's phone started ringing. "Hello." He said. "Oh god...no. Are you serious?" He asked. "What's wrong?" I asked him after he hung up. "My sister she....she overdosed." He said with tears in his eyes. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." I said as I pulled him into a hug. "Thank." He said as he pulled away and wiped his tears away. "Is she at the hospital?" I asked him curiously. "Yeah, I think I should go and say my goodbyes." He said with a sniff. "Do you want Alex and I to go with you?" Alan asked sweetly. He had a sympathetic look in his golden brown eyes. "No, it's fine. I'll go alone." He said. "Hey, if you need anything just call...okay?" I said. "Yeah, thanks...to the both of you." He said with a sad smile. I gave him a hug, and so did Alan which kinda surprised me. We walked with him back to his car and watched as he drove away. "Do you wanna go home? I can't have fun knowing he's sad and depressed. It makes me sad and depressed." I said with a sigh. "Yeah, me too." Alan replied. We drove home and had a light lunch. Alan said we could go to the festival again tomorrow if I was feeling up to it. I was glad he understood how sad it made me to see Zander so sad and broken. Even if his sister acted crazy around me, I still cared for her. She couldn't help it anyway, the drugs she was taking altered her mind and judgement. "Hey, you okay?" Alan asked as he walked into the living room. He went up to his room to call some of his friends like he always does. I think it's really sweet how he keeps tabs on all of his friends. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. "Come here." He said sweetly. He pulled me into his arms, and we just sat there in comfortable silence. He and I ended up ordering a pizza for dinner, and I texted Zander to see if he was doing okay. He said he was fine, but I knew he was hurting inside. There was nothing that was going to heal him but time. I just wished he didn't react too badly to his sister's death. He told me how depressed he was; one time he even tried to kill himself. That's what worried me the most. I didn't want to lose him. Alan comforted me, and made me feel better, which I was grateful for. Alan always knew how to make me feel better. The next day Alan and I visited Zander and his parents. They were pretty shocked to see Alan Rickman walk into their home, which I found amusing. After we talked to them and let them know we were there to help if they needed any, we went to the festival. Zander seemed to be feeling better, which put my mind at ease. "Let's go on the hayride." I said as I gently pulled Alan towards the tractor pulled trailer full of hay. "We better get home. See you two later." Zander's father said. "See ya." I said after I gave Zander and his parents hugs. "They're nice people, it's so sad something so bad had to happen to them." Alan said as we walked towards the hayride. "I know, but at least they're helping each other heal." I said. We climbed into the hayride, and I was surprised we were the only ones. I loved riding hayrides when it was dark out rather than when it was daylight. "Alex, I'm so glad we met. You're a sweet girl, and I hope we can be friends forever." He said sweetly with a warm look in his eyes. "Alan, I'm glad we met too. You're the sweetie guy I've ever met, and I hope we can be friends forever as well. You've done so much for me, and I'm so grateful for everything you do to make my life better. Your very welcome existence makes my life better." I said giving him a hug. He hugged me back, and when we pulled apart he kissed my nose. I couldn't help but giggle, and it made him laugh. Alan really was sewing my soul and heart back together.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3