Always

Alex's POV:

"What are you doing tonight?" Zander asked me curiously. We were both working, and we didn't get off until two thirty. "I'm going to dinner with Alan." I replied. "Oh, he's back?" He replied. "Yeah, he was sitting on my porch waiting for me last night. He's actually staying at my place, which surprised me. I thought he'd prefer a hotel." I said as he and I stalked some shelves. "It seems to me that wants to be around you as much as he can. I really think he likes you Alex, I mean...I don't think he'd call someone every other day while he's away." He said. "I hope he likes me." I said with a sigh. "Anyway...where is Lord Rickman taking you to dine this evening?" He said in a fake British accent. "I don't know, he wanted to keep it a secret." I said with a laugh. "When are you two going out?" He asked. "Probably a little while after I get back home. Why?" I said as we walked towards the back room. "I was just curious." He replied. After work Zander and I went our separate ways. He mentioned something about him going to the movies. When I got home Alan was gone, which made me a little sad. I made my way into the kitchen to find a note on the fridge.

Dear Alex,

I had to go out for a bit. I was getting bored because you weren't here with me. If I'm not back by the time you get home don't worry, we're still going out tonight. You can wear whatever you're comfortable in also. See you in a little while.

- Alan

After I read his note I went upstairs to take a hot bath and change into some different clothes. I put on a plane black t-shirt and some black jeans. I didn't feel like wearing a shirt with any pictures on it tonight. When I walked downstairs Alan was sitting on the couch. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark gray buttoned shirt. "Hey, where did you go off to today?" I asked curiously. "I went and took a walk around the park. You should join me one day you're off for work." He said as he stood up. "I would love to." I said with a smile. "So, are you ready?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. We walked out of the house and I locked everything up behind me. I didn't want anybody just walking right into my home. We got into his car, and I admit that it was strange seeing him drive. "So, where are we going tonight?" I asked him curiously. "It's a surprise." He replied with a smile. I smiled and just looked out the window. I knew it was useless trying to get it out of him, but it made me a little nervous. "So, tell me about yourself." He said after a few minutes of comfortable silence. "There's not much to tell really." I said. "Oh, come on. Everyone has a story, what's yours?" He said kindly. "What would you like to know?" I asked. "Everything." He replied. "Well, I grew up without a mother. She died when I was born; at least that's what my father told me." I said. "I'm so sorry. My father passed when I was eight years old." He said with sympathy in his eyes. "It's okay. It looks like we had the same experience, with my mother and your father." I said with equal sympathy in my eyes. "It's true, but at least I got to bond with my father. You never got the chance to be held in her arms." He said. "It's hard knowing that I'll never get to meet her, but I know she's always watching over me." I said. "That's so true." He said as he smiled slightly. "Anyway, my father raised me since I was born. He wasn't the nicest guy, but he definitely wasn't the meanest guy either. He raised me good, but when Rachel stepped into our lives everything went to hell." I said. "Is that the woman I had the pleasure of meeting?" He said sarcastically. "Yes, unfortunately." I said rolling my eyes. "Was she always that hateful?" He asked. "She seemed nice at first, but when she moved in she wanted to change everything. She called me horrible names, and she would even beat be up on occasions. After one of her beatings I decided I had enough, so I ran away. I got myself a job and a home, and I'm doing just fine." I said. "Do you have any friends?" He asked. "I have Zander. He works with me at the book store. Other than him and you, I have no one." I said. "You see me as a friend?" He asked curiously. "Well...yeah. If...it's alright for you." I said. "It's absolutely fine with me. You're a sweet girl with a broken soul, and all I want to do is put it back together for you." He said as we pulled up to the restaurant. "Alan...you're...you're so sweet." I said before I gave him a hug. I gave him the best hug I could, due to the consol. I felt tears of joy in my eyes; I tried my best to keep them from falling, but it didn't work. "Awww, don't cry sweetheart." He said softly as he wiped a tear from my cheek. "Sorry, I just..." I said, trailing off. "Shhh, it's okay." He said with a sweet smile on his face. "Come on, let's go get something good to eat." He said once I regained my composure. "Okay." I replied. We got of the car, and I got to observe the restaurant. It looked like a German Tudor house. "Oh my gosh. Is...is this Warner's?" I asked him curiously. "Yeah, I thought you'd like some good German food. It's also pretty small, so not many people know about it. Have you been here before?" He said as we walked inside. "Yeah, my dad brought me here for my thirteenth birthday." I said. We were greeted by a young woman with long golden and curly hair. She was also wearing lederhosen. There was a knight's armor standing next to the check out counter, and other cool paraphernalia. Everything was in a haze as I remembered the very first time I came here. Dad and I were so happy back then. He had just gotten a promotion at his work, and he wanted to bring me here for my birthday. He said he wanted to do something special for me. When I came back to reality Alan and I were sitting at a table in the left corner of the restaurant. "Are you alright?" Alan asked curiously. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking about how everything's the same; nothing has changed." I said looking above me. There was fake grapevines wrapped around the beams along with light bulbs. "Really?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, everything's the same here. I like it, some things should stay the same in a world full of constant change." I said. "Some change is good though; change is healthy." He said. "I know, that's why I'm trying to move forward. You're helping me with that, and so is Zander. Without you two I'd be so lost." I said. "Well, I'm glad I mean so much to you." He said with an adorable smile. "You'll always be important to me Alan." I said, and blushed a little. "You'll always be important to me as well." He said sweetly with a warm look in his golden brown eyes. Soon the waiter came back and we ordered our drinks and food. Alan and I just talked about art, movies, books, etc. It was good to talk to him like this; having a deep conversation is something I really enjoy, and talking with him made it better. When we got home we both changed into our pajamas and watched some tv together. I was snuggled up to Alan, and I could feel myself start to nod off. Him playing with my hair didn't help much, but I was enjoying is. "Someone's getting sleepy." Alan said with a slight laugh. "I am, but you're so cozy. I don't wanna get up." I said, which made him chuckle. "Then go to sleep sweetheart." He said softly before he kissed my head. I ended up falling asleep in Alan's arms.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc.

I have something really cute planned for the next chapter, so keep your eyes peeled. :) <3