Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

That night, after much badgering from Tony and Clint, I made a Facebook account.

Tony complained about how I'm not putting myself out there, and social media was the key to socialize. Clint also added that I was a grandpa. Well, they're not wrong.

What truly made me get an account was that I could post political debates over corrupt government officials and the increasing amount of criminal acts going around the world. I was definitely never going to post about how I just took a bath or what I ate for breakfast like what Tony does.

E-Mail Address:

Wait. What's an e-mail address?

I slowly typed on the address of my home, but figured out that it was unsafe. I must obtain my internet anonymity.

On the Search bar, I typed in:

What is an e-mail address?

After an hour of searching and getting my e-mail address, I returned to Facebook.

E-Mail Address:

Name: Steve Rogers

Birthday: July 4, 1997

Password:

I thought of a password that nobody can ever know. My mind racked around my head for something nobody – not even a robot – could ever guess. Then I had an idea.

Password: password

Ha! Nobody could ever guess my password as 'password.' It's just something nobody else has done before. It was perfect.

I clicked the Sign In button and it redirected me to decorate my account. I decided to take a photo for my profile picture. I steadied the camera and smiled widely, making sure I was in the middle of the frame. After the necessary arrangements, I was done.

What's on your mind?

The writings taunted me, so I obliged. I typed;

The unbelievable amount of misogyny.

I clicked Post and after a few minutes of figuring out what button was what, I saw Tony Stark comment on my post. I scrolled up to the topmost to see what he said, which was;

When Facebook says 'What's on your mind?', they don't really mean it. #ProTip

I furrowed my eyebrows and replied;

But it specifically asked what was on my mind.

Tony Stark: That's the freaking point, grandpa.

Hawkeye Barton: LOL!

My confusion grew. What was 'lol'? I thought of any possible acronyms, refusing to search on the internet because it would only be too slow.

"Laugh? Life? Lots... Lots of – I don't know. Lots of... love. Oh, that must be it!" I grinned, working my way back to the keyboard.

Steve Rogers: Thank you, Clint. L.O.L. to you too. :-)

Bruce Banner: Um, Steve, I don't think you know what lol means.

Steve Rogers: It means lots of love, doesn't it?

Tony Stark: LOOOOOOOOL! XD

Hawkeye Barton: LOL XD NO IT'S NOT HAHAHAHAHA

Steve: Then... what is it?

Natasha Romanoff: It means 'laughing out loud', Steve. Just FYI.

"X-D? F-Y-I?" I asked aloud, my mind not taking the technology. To say, I was overwhelmed.

Tony Stark: Sh. Steveyprobs don't know what FYI means.

I was about to click the X button when a message suddenly popped up in my screen. I was actually quite shocked about the sudden pop-up, but my open mouth melted into a smile.

Peggy Carter: See you've discovered Facebook. :)

Steve Rogers: I'm... learning.

Peggy Carter: Add me as a friend.

Steve Rogers: But, we're already friends.

Peggy Carter: Haha! I meant, add me on Facebook. Just click my name and search for the 'Add as friend' button. It's in my profile.

I did as I was told, and it only took me a good five minutes. It was a lot easier when someone was trying to help me, instead of ridiculing me. I lingered on her page for moments, awe-struck at her beautiful profile picture. It was just of her smiling at the camera, but it was still beautiful.

I was going to chat to her again, but the little green circle was gone. I knew for a fact that she was offline.

Tony Stark: Hey! I want to show you a video :)

I was confused at Tony's sudden friendliness. Oftentimes, he would ridicule me.

Steve Rogers: Okay.

Tony sent me a video and instructed me that all I had to do was click the link (whatever a link was). I did as I was told and waited for the video to load.

I expected a video of him or a cat running around the field, but what I saw horrified me. It was of a man and a woman, doing very intimate things. And if I say very, I mean very. My face heated up, and I was at loss of words. I immediately closed the tab, including Facebook.

My hands travelled up to my cheeks, still warm.

+

We were at the cafeteria, eating lunch. Thor was sitting over on a table with Loki, because he didn't want to leave the boy alone. We even suggested (albeit hesitantly) that Loki sit with us, but the black-haired boy absolutely refused to.

"Steve, did you receive my video?" Tony asked while we were eating lunch. The others looked up at our conversation, and I felt myself redden.

"It was... inappropriate, Tony," I said in a low voice.

"Wait," he stopped, and I had a feeling he was going to taunt me and laugh afterwards. I was right. "You haven't seen porn before?" he laughed. "Have you seen women's parts, at least?"

I looked up, and found Clint laughing along. "I have no intention of seeing women's... parts. The only thing I'm interested in is their soul."

"No wonder you never get laid!" Clint teased.

"With a mouth like that, I'm wondering why he doesn't get laid," Natasha retorted, shooting a playful smirk at Clint.

"Who's not getting laid?" Bucky asked, setting himself beside me.

Tony whispered, laughing, "Steve is."

"You mean, Steve isn't," Clint supplied, and he and Tony high-fived. I looked at Bucky for help, but he only grinned back.

I came to the conclusion that I was surrounded by a bunch of idiots, except maybe Bruce and Natasha.