Nine

A/N:

This story contains teenagers. So they're bound to swear every once in a while. Potty mouths all around.

+

Chapter Nine

I met Peggy on the front of the gates of the amusement park, in her black skinny jeans and white top and brown cardigan. Something about seeing her below the light of the park made my head spin. Her hair was in a ponytail, and she wore her usually cherry red lipstick (which I was convinced was painted with the blood of men).

"Well, I didn't know you were the kind of guy who brings dates to the amusement park," she teased.

"Had no choice. The guys wanted to go here," I said, chuckling. "I wanted to go to the Smithsonian."

She laughed, and it was so beautiful. I wanted to wake up in the sight of her brown eyes and hear her melodic laugh.

"Your friends are probably waiting on us. Where are they?"

"They told us to wait right here," I said. As if on cue, Bruce and Natasha came, greeting us.

Bruce was red all over, his shoulders oftentimes brushing Natasha's. I kept looking at Peggy, her long lashes vivid and clear under the colorful lights. We were silent, the only sound being the crowd around us. Finally, after a few more minutes, Tony came with Pepper, and Clint alone.

"Where's your date?" Natasha asked, a sly smile playing on her lips. "Thought you could win a girl over 'what with your charm and all'."

Clint rolled his eyes and crossed his arm below his jacket. "Oh, shut up."

"Let's go, then?" Bruce said, but Tony stopped him.

"Nope, we're still waiting for the big guy," Tony checked his expensive-looking watch and groaned. "He's fifteen minutes late."

"As were you," I said, in which Tony shrugged.

"I'm Tony Stark," he said. "I can be excused."

Pepper hit his arm lightly. "Don't be so arrogant."

Tony grinned at her. "As you wish, your highness."

"My friends! I have bought my brother and lady Jane along, if you do not mind," Thor boomed, walking over to us with the same brown-haired girl he was talking to on the party.

"And Darcy," Darcy Lewis rose her hand up, her other hand on the crook of Loki's arm. The black-haired boy looked like he didn't even want to be here, like he had somewhere better to go to. The Avengers only stared at him in indifference, hoping he didn't know who we were.

"Well, everyone's here," I said. "Where to first?"

"What? No way are we going as a group," Tony said.

"Then what's the point of assembling us?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He shrugged. "No reason. Besides, this is a date, remember?"

"Yeah, well not for me," Clint said.

"Boo-hoo. Come on, guys, we're splitting up," Tony said, earning a glare from Clint.

"Can't you just tag along with a pair?" I suggested.

"And be the third wheel? I don't think so," Clint said.

"You can go with us," Darcy offered.

"Yay, super fun," Loki grumbled below his breath, but we heard.