Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

Couple of days went by since the last incident outside the New Barrel. Honestly I think I don't feel anything anymore; I'm doing surprisingly good.

Even the thought has crossed my mind; I got to even think that I might be getting over her; I don't want to get my hopes up though.

I of course have to see Ally every day, and I must admit that she doesn't look like she's exactly enjoying herself. I know I was super harsh towards her; but enough is enough. As much as I hate hurting her I have dignity and I need to protect it.

We just talk to each other when it is strictly necessary and in order to keep it polite.

I'm surprised she didn't come to me yet trying for me to back up from my words, which I won't do; but still it's not typical Ally.

Maybe she just wants me to apologize on my own; but that won't happen.

This time around I am right, so instead I will have a sleepless night as usual.

It is almost midnight and I can hear the sound of the rain hitting on the windows. I find it kind of relaxing so maybe I will be able to catch some sleep without the help from a little friend of mine.

I guess Normani is getting tired of me sleeping here on the living room. I swear she's desperate and about to kick my ass out of here soon.

I, on the contrary, am kind of adapting to the sofa bed. It is not exactly comfy but since I'm exhausted I think I will pass out even on the floor; anyway I will wake up like 5 or 6 times each night.

I heard someone tip toeing towards the kitchen but I decided not to move. I instead will take a look whenever she's backwards.

I did so, and all I could make out was a short figure. I sighed and thanked myself for deciding not to say anything.

She was wearing an oversized t-shirt that I recognized well too much; it was definitely mine.

I could feel my poor little heart skipping a beat and my cheeks burning up. Why she has to be like that? Why does she do stuff that it is just so fucking cute and messes with my head making me fall even more?

I swear I could feel butterflies in my stomach from the sight I was admiring. She looked ridiculously cute and at the same time hot as fuck. She wasn't wearing any pants so her amazing legs were showing of, teasing me a bit more.

I sighed and watched her grabbing some water from the fridge. Since she is so short she had to tip toe in order to reach it, letting some more skin uncovered, almost showing a bit of her backside.

I bit my lip trying hard to contain myself from what I was feeling. God, I need her so bad.

She made her way back as I immediately closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep; I will wait till she's gone.

When I was about to open my eyes to check out if she was still there I could hear a disturbing sound, it was some kind of quiet sob.

I furrowed my brows and opened my eyes to see Ally sitting in the floor in front of me. She was embracing her knees with her arms.

"Fuck!" I quietly shouted. I wasn't expecting her to be that close.

Ally suddenly jumped and stood up. I could say she was shook.

"I'm sorry" She apologized.

"What the fuck, yo'? that was beyond creepy" I said turning the light of my phone on.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to....it is just that...." She scratched her arm nervously. "I can't sleep"

"Join the club" I simply said. "I still don't get this..." I added.