Chapter 3

"Ladies line up; run when you hear the gunfire, I'll count down from three"

As the women began to count, I could feel every emotion springing through my veins. It was like the world decided to take a pause and left me in motion. The adrenaline was starting to rise and I was left feeling uneasy.

"3..." The announcer states while raising his gun. #1 thought about my dad, and I saw a memory of us running through a forest. As I fell into flowers and he caught up to me, he started tickling me as I laugh as loud as a 5 year old could.

"2.." #2 I thought my mom and how she would braid my hair every night, then she tucked me and as I heard her soft voice "snug as a bug in a rug!"

"1..." Lastly I thought of Madeline and I watching a scary movie. "DONT OPEN THE DOOR!" I yelled "do it. Do it. Do it!" She screamed right back as she opened the door in the movie, I threw my popcorn at the screen, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!" We laughed so hard that I honestly thought my stomach would pop. I thought of her beautiful laugh until I heard the ground beneath me rumble. Let the race begin I guess.

I take off as fast as possible into the woods. I've always felt safe in the woods; where you can be hidden and away from the world. It's my happy place.

I sprint until I find a tree which I reluctantly climb. As I get to the top I can smell an Alpha. Being in the arena all masked smells are taken off so you can smell their rankings (Alpha- most powerful, beta-second most powerful, delta-third most powerful, and omega- least powerful and least respected people) I was starting to panic because he was staring right at me, and he was not my mate. Meaning, he was supposed to kill me at any given chance.

A growl so loud I've never heard anything like it, erupts from his chest. He starts climbing the tree but I'm smart enough to not scream. It would just bring more attention to me and that's not at all what I'm looking for. I just continue to climb until there is no where else to climb.

Enviably he reaches where I am and pulls me close to him. This just feels wrong. I felt so uncomfortable it was hard to move.

"What's your name beautiful?" His voice sounded ask it cracked. "Allison" I answer still unsure if I should be talking to him "My name is nick; Allison you are very lucky you are mates with the Alpha" I honestly didn't want to be mates with him. Something felt off so I stayed silent. Besides the fact that; that is impossible, I am mates with Tyler. Taking in his appearance I can see he obviously is rich. I don't know why he would want someone like me. His hair was slicked back into a fake, greasy look his but his black hair shined perfectly. And his green eyes stood proudly, they practically yelled to be stared into and not to mention his dazzling smile with perfect aligned white teeth. But I just can't shake the feeling something is off.

I wonder if I got him out of the trees top... And if we got on the ground I could make a run for it. I know running against an Alpha is risky, especially here but I want to live in freedom. This guy would practically pin me to the ground.

"We need to go to the office to say we are mates" I suddenly suggest amazing myself. "Was that you talking?" I ask Kelsey quietly. "Nope. That's all you. But usually what you say comes through my brain before your and that sentence didn't. Let's go to a pack doctor when we return to freedom and home" Kelsey states proudly and encouragingly, urging me to continue the plan. I guess she was feeling the same about this Alpha. "Yes, darling" he says while jumping down gracefully. And of course when I fall I almost smash and hit the ground like a crushed fly on a wall, but he catches me.

We walk back to the office in silence to tell them we are mates a feeling and he is still carrying me from my almost plunder. "Will you please put me down." He's wrecking everything I need to run. The office is close ahead as soon as we cross that line, he is my mate. There's nothing I can physically so about it. Tyler will be mateless and I will be stuck to nick forever.

I kept hearing cracking noises of sticks but I figured it was just an animal or other females "Sorry darling I just never thought I would find my mate. And when I found you I never ever want to let you go again."  I was about to reply when suddenly a growl much more fierce than Nicks boomed throughout the yard.

And in an instant I'm ripped out of Nicks arms and pulled into anther set. This felt like home. This felt right. And a feeling that can only be described as fire lit up my arm. As I looked up I saw Tyler holding me in his arms in a protective stance like he's afraid I'll get stolen away.

I'm sure he is my true mate. Now I know Nick was lying. I don't want to be mates with certain ranking so I need to smell Tyler. I can't smell his rank... Either he is a rouge or... There's just no way they would let a rouge in the competition. And I would have felt danger or Kelsey would have told me. However I don't think there is any other explanation.

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO DECEIVE MY MATE!" He yelled at Nick. "Your mate? You are a player and I unsure you that Allison deserves better. I don't want my mate, I rejected her for Allison. And I choose Allison as my mate. I will treat her 1,000 times better than you ever could!" he yelled back at Tyler.

I was so upset! I was basically paid $50 to come here against my will. Then someone lied to me. I stepped in front of the fake mate and I punched him in the jaw. "I decide what shall happen. And as of having either of you for a mate, sorry" I stated before smirking and running as fast as I could to the border. As I was only feet away from reaching the boarder, I was tackled to the ground by Avery.

The Official Gamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें