Chapter 1

Madeline Prescott and Jared Englemen^^

"Allison for the last time please get in the car we only have 2 hours before the official check in time and I don't want you to be late!" My dad said.

Ignoring his pleas, I blankly keep on my poker face and continue walking slowly and casually down the stairs.

"Allison this is the last time I'm telling you! I'm going to count to 3 and if you are not in the car by that time... You will have sever consequences. 1....2.....3" and as he continues to count I continue to walk slowly.
"Al I'm not kidding! 10....11....Fine! I give up!" He yelled hopefully for the last time.

Let me fill you in for a sec, he wants me to go to an arena where I could potentially get either killed or found by my mate. Honestly option number one is looking pretty good right now. A mate is a soulmate. They look after you, clean up your messes, and they are supposed to love you forever or something. Everyone thinks it's so great and honestly they lie to you. They forget to mention the fact of how they don't like you to be with other males at any costs, they get possessive and commanding. That's just a regular mate! What happens if I get an Alpha for a mate; I mean the likely hood of that happening is so rare I'm not even thinking about it. My dad is a Beta so, our family is already marked and known as high in power. The most powerful is the alpha but if our family already is basically ruling the pack, there's no way I would get stuck with someone of lower or higher rank.

Alphas are 10x more possessive then a regular mate. I think it's all crap they tell you so you can have hope for what never comes. My name is Allison Prescott. My father Ethan Prescott is the Beta or 2nd best leader in our pack. My "mom" ditched us about 8 years ago for her current husband. Funny thing is, she's mates with my dad. Yeah I guess it's not that funny. But the fact is they are "mates" and they are meant to be together forever. I don't see how this happened. Anyhow my dad has been trying to get me to get in the car for the past.. Let's see.. Hour and a half and he's having no luck so far. I'm not going any faster to see my mate. I want to live my life the way I think it should go, when I think I want to do it. It's just a stupid concept honestly. And aside from that fact, there is no current Alpha to take the lead. Our Alpha does not have a son or daughter. Meaning, in a few months I will take on the full Alpha position. It's all I've ever dreamed about and wanted. I will get it at any costs, if my mate is in another pack, I'll be forced to leave this pack and give up the position. And that, isn't happening.

"Allison I swear to God get in the car!" He tried once more. I almost feel bad for him. Wait, no I don't! "That's it! I've had enough. Allison we can do this the way you want. Or the other way. Your choice but $50 is on the seat" I quickly stand up and jump in the car buckling myself in. I'm a sucker for money sadly and he knows it.

When we get there it was crazy packed! There was the strong sent of Alphas and Betas all over. Being as stubborn as I am; we were about an hour late so everyone was already done and checked in by the time I was even out of the car. As soon as I get out everyone turns their head to stare at me. I search for my best friend Avery Shout and eventually I find her.

Trying to make my way over to her I suddenly stop after hearing the sound of heels clicking against the ground before I am tackled by my older sister Madeline. Don't get me wrong I love Madeline but she just isn't how do I put this.. Friendly? She found her mate 2 years ago in the games. She's absolutely beautiful. She has silk like amber red curly hair; the natural kind that doesn't look to tight just loose and big; blueish, green eyes and pale porcelain looking skin.

"Ally!!!" She screamed as loud as she could. She's only friendly around certain people which makes her a good leader. She can be cold hearted and look like she has no compassion or emotion but she could be full of sorrow.  And other times she has the strength enough to forgive and forget. She is the Luna of the Moonstruck Pack. (Being a Luna is the Alpha female. Which means she is mates which an Alpha- the leader of the pack) Jared, her mate came over and helped me up. "Good morning Ally" he said calmly. Yeah. It's a good morning for him but, what about me. "Something like that" I mumbled under my breath. "heard that" he took a shaky breath and continued "and I'm letting it go because I know you're stressed; but know your place" he mumbled right back. He makes me so agitated. Honestly. He thinks because he is the alpha that he can be the best. Well, I'll be the Alpha soon enough and he will never speak to me like that again.

"Good luck finding your mate tomorrow! And your staying in our cabin by the way so don't even think about running." Madeline said with a wink. She then pulled me aside from everyone and whispered in my ear "hey, don't worry about it. Catch a run and meet us back in the cabin, I figured you'd want some space so, your room is upstairs." After thanking her, Avery had made her way over to me.

"Aves!" I yelled as soon as they excused themselves from my sight. "Hey Al!" She smiled at me, I put on my best fake smile that I could. See I love Avery but you just can't nickname a nickname. Common sense! If I'm Allison, shorten it to Ally. If I'm then Ally don't call me Al! Besides that, its a guy name. "Let's get you checked in then go for a run. We have about...30 minutes before dinner. However I figured you'd be late so I grabbed some snacks incase you didn't eat before I left my house" she said politely. She didn't want to come either. We have been friends for as long as I could remember. We grew up in the same pack so she understands my position on why I can not at any costs find my mate. And she agrees. If I am made alpha, she is to help me run the pack. She doesn't want a mate anyhow so it all works out at the end of the day. I decided that she would bunk with me, Madeline loves her anyways so she will be fine if she stays with us. "Sounds good; I'll meet you after I check in at Maddie and Jareds cabin." She doesn't like Jared either so we can make fun of him together. And trust me, we do it a lot. She nods her head before disappearing just as the others had.

As soon as I was done with check in and unpacking, I decided my wolf needed time to work out. So I texted Aves to meet me at the gym instead.

I've been training for months so when I get into the arena I'll be stronger and faster than every other person. I don't want to die just yet.

On my run I shift into my wolf and she is beyond happy to get out. Oh I almost forgot my wolfs name is Kelsey. She is inside of me and when I feel and strong emotion sometimes I shift and become a huge, white wolf with my black paws. It's actually an ombré white turning into black it's  pretty cool. I shift back and relax a little. I forgot my water bottle so I ran back to Maddies cabin to quickly grab it before sprinting back to the gym.

I was about 20 feet from the gym doors so I started to slowly walk, until I suddenly fall on my butt. I look up and was beyond pissed off. I'm not sure why, but I just got really upset.

"What do you think your doing out this late!" Yelled the man. His voice was soft but intense it was the best sound I've ever heard. I know cliche but so true, whatever he said, he meant business. He sounded really upset. And he smelled really, REALLY good.
None the less, he ran into me and it was his fault. How dare he blame me for his action. Does he know I'm the soon to be Alpha? Obviously not.

"Actually sorry to say this, but it's your fault jackass. I'm trying to walk and your in my way. I suggest you move before we make a scene!" I yelled right back at him. "Mate?" he said gently but almost like he was asking me. "Just get out of my way." I tried to push him but he wasn't moving. He masked his scent so I can't tell his ranking. He is huge though his mussels were large and he definitely had a 8 pack you can just tell. "I'm Tyler" he blurted "and I'm on my way to the gym." I calmly stated before continuing walking. I saw him try to follow me but he suddenly stopped when a girl came running toward me "Stay the hell away from him. His MINE!!" She screamed at me. I simply smiled and continued walking. I looked back and saw her trying to kiss him. But the worst part was, he kissed her back. I know I shouldn't care, but I guess that deep down, I do.