Chapter 3

George gave off a sigh of relief once he saw that no one else was in the room when he got back to the inn. He enjoyed being alone and for a good reason. Every time he went out his parents would always ask him where he's been and if he had interacted with other men. He always declined this knowing that if he didn't, he would be given yet another lecture about how he can't be like this forever and needs to be attracted to women soon.

George never understood why, but he was always told that being attracted to the same gender was considered *Wrong* or *Unnatural*. "I just hope me parents don't find out where I've been." He mumbled.

The next day the Harrisons met with the McCartneys again, but when Paul went to see Heather, he was surprised to see her look more sour than usual. "Uh... Is this a bad time?"

"No." She grunted. "In fact, this is the perfect time to talk. You've been hanging out with my brother all day yesterday."

"That's what you're so worked up about? All I did was show him around the place. I mean, you're acting like he wanted to marry me or something."

"You might think he's harmless, but he's not. He's a freak who's attracted to men instead of women. It's just not normal! And if gets to you he might make you just like him!"

"Ah... but why's that? Two men or two women getting married is still love right?"

"It isn't. What it does is destroy the tradition of marriage. Besides, how can two kings have a child to keep the bloodline going?... Do you expect him to magically get pregnant? Oh and don't even think about getting any peasants for kids! You'll just influence them too."

"But-."

"No buts now! I want my fiancé to only be attracted to women. You don't want to be a freak like him now do you?"

"I.. I suppose not.."

Meanwhile the adults were busy discussing the future of their children. "I think the wedding should be a month from Thursday, on our wedding anniversary." Said Mary. "And where's George? We didn't see him anywhere."

"He's busy right now. But I'm sure he'll be here tomorrow if he's clean enough."

Meanwhile in the Harrisons' own bath, George clearly wasn't having the time of his life. "Why do I have to always go through with this? I hate getting wet!" He moaned while trying not to get water in his mouth. "And I just had a bath this morning."

"I could ask you the same thing young prince. Can't you realize that what you're doing isn't normal?" One of the servants grumbled as he cleaned him.

"I-I try to feel attracted to women! I really do!! But I just don't seem interested in them. I swear I didn't choose to be like this!!"

"You think this is just something people are born with? The nerve of you! And sit still so I can have a better time cleaning you."

After about an hour of nothing but being doused in freezing water, George was finally allowed to leave. Hoping to see Paul again, he bought a horse and rode off to the other kingdom. But when he saw his friend, things were much different.

"ACK!! Stay away from me!!" Paul shouted once he saw George's hand on his shoulder.

"Why Paul? Is something wrong?"

"Please! Stay back!! I don't want to be infected!!"

"Infected? What are you talking about?!" But his older friend was too far away to answer.

Paul ran as fast as his legs could carry him, desperate to stay as far away from George as possible. But then something made him stop. For some reason, he was starting to feel guilty about leaving George so suddenly. In fact, he nearly wanted to run back and see him again.

"Why am I feeling this way?" Paul thought. "Am I... NO!!! I can't be!!"